Technical How to remove the connect nav+ unit?

Currently reading:
Technical How to remove the connect nav+ unit?

I realise theres the current thread and guide on retro-fitting a nav+ but I just want to know how to remove my existing one.

Ive finally sourced a blaupunkt cdc that works (sort of) when we tested it in the car the sound was extremely crackly... i'm assuming its a loose connection... and as the connections at the cdc end seem fine i'm guessing the problem lies at the end where its connected to the nav+

Please tell me its relatively simple to pull out the nav+ unit so i can check the connection i'm SO close to finally having a working cdc i dont want it to be scuppered by finding out half the dash needs to be removed just to get at it!

two long 4mm bolts work better - screw them inward for 5mm and the unit can be pulled out easily because the thread has a firm grip on the unit.

Thanks for the replies guys but I'm having no joy still!

Screwed 2 4mm bolts in as you said, when i pull on the passenger side bolt there does seem to be a reasonable ammount of movement from the nav+ unit.. but no matter how hard i pull on the drivers side bolt (even using pliers) the unit just stays solidly in place, i think i'm just going to have to accept defeat with this, its bad enough having no cdc the last thing i want to do is wreck the nav+ system aswell!

Open the upper glove compartment. Put a throwel or similar in between the dash and the unit. Bend and twist. Use force! It will pop out on that side. Put something in between the gap, like a pencil, or it will click in place again when you do the other side. Force the other side out. (y)

I wouldn't use too much force, the front panel and front panel switch PCB on a Connect Nav+ are rather delicate.

I always use 2 masonary nails in the 2 holes. Push them in until you feel a strong resistance then push them a further 5mm.

Push the ends of the exposed parts of the 2 nails/rods/bolts slightly in opposite directions away from the center of the car and at the same time pull the CN+ out using the nails/rods/bolts.

I agree... the words "brute force" and "sat-nav system" don't really sit well together!
I really have had enough of the epic saga that getting a working cdc has become, just gonna use the nav cd player for now.

Back