General How to remove stereo..

Currently reading:
General How to remove stereo..

philipuk

anyone know?? i tried pushing it from the back but it won't move like something is holding it in place,, and i tried these two thin metal things that are to help remove or something when i put them both at the side of the stereo they just bend and snap??

Probably the metal casing aroung the stereo, they normally have bits of soft metal that make a barb effect. Best approach is to get a knife down the side and try and flatten them in.

Nothing car specific that I know of that would stop it.

ya you were right..had to push all the metal things down that was stopping it. took awhile and the stereo metal case made lots of cuts on my hand.:mad:

philipuk said:
ya you were right..had to push all the metal things down that was stopping it. took awhile and the stereo metal case made lots of cuts on my hand.:mad:

Mine too! Then after hours of fiddling to no avail I gave up, started packing away my new stereo and found a bit of paper (back when I had my polo)

VW or Audi drivers need to connect the black wire to 1 not 2.

My how I swore

another problem.. what wire adpator do i need to buy?? i have a sony xplod stereo or something but the wire won't connect to the car 1 as there different:confused:

philipuk said:
another problem.. what wire adpator do i need to buy?? i have a sony xplod stereo or something but the wire won't connect to the car 1 as there different:confused:

You'll need to ask for a fiat one,

I dont think they share anything in common with other cars unfortunately, so cant really botch job it.

Just ask for an ISO to fiat adaptor (I think)

Worked for me

Halfords are not the best people to really see maybe if you have a motorworld or a charlie browns or summit !

the one i think you need is fiat > sony iso plug

depending on the back of the stereo the clarion iso would work aswell

shaun :D

I thought sony stereos were fitted as standard to some seicentos?

Ive had a soy cdx650 which was from standard, and currently have a sony cdxf7700 mp3 player in.

I have never needed an adaptor

my sei had a sony cd player but the volume thingy was shot so i whipped it out (the stereo!!) and the new sony xplode unit connected in, the car has iso plugs and the old unit had an adapter as has the new one! removal was easy, but the fitting was a pain cos of all the extra plugs an wires, still its in an looks good

best regards

shawn

Back