Technical How to remove rails without braking them?

Currently reading:
Technical How to remove rails without braking them?

Mads Gorm

I have bought some original flush Fit Roof rails - but in order to install them I need to remove these mouldings - roof covers on the picture. Preferably without damaging them. Any tips og tricks to do this with out breaking something.

Can I see a picture or drawing of these mouldings / covers somewhere, so I can figure out how best how to remove them.

212919805_10219700226356087_6854816964370772035_n.jpg

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I have never done this on a Fiat but on our last Renault you slid them backwards
a bit and could then lift them off but it was not easy.
Fiat ones may not be the same, so don't use any force.

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestion. I have had no luck with tucking og sliding. I found these pictures online, but it does not really tell me anything.

file.php

file.php

s-l1600.png

I have bought some original flush Fit Roof rails - but in order to install them I need to remove these mouldings - roof covers on the picture. Preferably without damaging them. Any tips og tricks to do this with out breaking something.

Can I see a picture or drawing of these mouldings / covers somewhere, so I can figure out how best how to remove them.

212919805_10219700226356087_6854816964370772035_n.jpg

Thanks in advance.

Having recently done this on my panda but don't have any pics, it seems to be a one way ticket because even though I was extreamly careful they are very flimsy & I unfortunately put a small crack in both strips, although they are still useable. Basically they have a few clips along the strips, the best way to unclip them is you will see 2 covers that unclip & remove to expose the holes where the cross bars bolt in, you should be able to get your fingers under the trim & very carefully lift the trim which will undo the clips from the gutter in the roof, then at the front, centre and back of the trim are held down by sticky strips like the ones you get for number plates, with 2 people you can move it back & fourth gently to loosen the sticky strips & you will feel the sticky strips coming undone & lift the trims off, there will be some residue off the sticky strips still in the gutters which come off with a small amount of petrol on a rag which is a must if you want the roof rails to sit flush, then polish the gutter straight away to get petrol residue off & then bolt the roof rails in place & fit the end covers, I fitted my roof rails with stainless bolts to prevent them rusting in the holes should I want to remove them in the future. Hope this helps.

Back