General How to remove Custom fascia

Currently reading:
General How to remove Custom fascia

thomash

Hi,
I've put the custom facia plastic piece in my punto so I can have a custom stereo in my car. Just wandering how to remove it as there doesn't seem to be anyway to get it off once it has been clipped in?

Thanks

Doesn't sound healthy, I want to know as I just may be selling my car soon, but probably won't do. Plus it's nice to know that you can get to the back of your stereo if need be :)

I'm looking at a Focus Zetec but I don't know if I should do it.

I managed to get mine off without breaking it. I just simple pulled very gently all around it until eventually one of the holding clips popped out and the rest followed easily.

Bit of luck was involved but being patient may mean getting it off in one piece.

actually getting your aftermarket stereo out shouldn't be a prob, remove removable bit, then read instructions, the black surround should come off easily then you should be able to use two small screwdrivers to remove stereo.

Then getting that facia bit out is pot luck. You could just smash it, or you could be gentle, but if new owner doesn't want it, what does it matter?

I've only recently (start of this month) replaced the cassette radio in mine with a JVC one together with the appropriate fascia plate...

The fascia plate clips in nice and solidly, just like everyone else's does in this thread, by the actual JVC cd/radio/etc unit itself that I've got doesn't. It lines up pretty much flush with the fascia plate but that's it. Even with the front face of the JVC removed all I have to do is pull on the unit itself and it comes out very easily.

Is this how it's supposed to be or have I installed the JVC CD/radio unit incorrectly?

Sounds like you havent bent the holding spikes over :D (Stops it rattling in there)

To get out :

get a paint scraper. and stick it in and move it sideways (force is required) and it bends them all back in normal position (holding spikes) and slides out :D

Last edited:
I have a JVC unit in mine.

You haven't pulled down the spikes as mentioned previously!

My fit is terrible - all bent - not enough room behing unit for the tonnes of wires. Looks **** too - not OEM enough for me.

You need a set of remover pins (y) these plug into the unit and allow you take the stereo out with ease

you dont need to remove the custom plate to access the back, just use clips down the side of the bare stereo n bobs ur unc!

Back