Technical How to remove cinq door?

Currently reading:
Technical How to remove cinq door?

ShaggyDoo

I need to realign the drivers door on my cinq, how do you get to the bolts on the hinges? Does the door come off and how or does the wing come off and then adjust the hinges?

the door does come off, but when i did mine i had to punch throught the door lining to un clip all the electrics B) kinda visious!

As for taking off the door, just consult a haynes manual for the cinq:D tells u exactly what to do, but its not hard work

cinq.jpg

But how do you get to the hinge bolt heads, every spanner seems to be at the wrong angle???
Or is there some way to get the hinges apart after removing the 11mm bolt from them?...
Ideally I just need to loosen the hinge bolts, and then move the door by 3mm to stop it rubbing on the front wing...
But I cannot work out how to get to the bolts to adjust their position?!?!?

The wind blew my door right forward last November or sumit and a body shop pal used a special door aligning tool to make it shut properly again.

The tool? Two big shovel hands and 15 stones of human pressure!

Put the window down and either push or pull the full door to achieve the desired effect!

Liam

Been away for a while and been missing my posts!
The door was out of alignment when i bought the car, evidence of a bash at some point around the bottom where some filler is evident. Good job done however...
My problem is that the door is catching on the front wing slightly when almost closed and this is constantly taking the paint off..
I need to pull the door exactly horizontally by around 3mm to close the gap to the rear quarter and keep the paint on the door where it is too close to the wing... I just cannot find a way to loosen the four nuts holding the hinges onto the shell....If I use 15 stones of pressure, I dont think the door will shift horizontally....
Any ideas appreciated.

Have you fully opened the door? you have to dettatch the metal bit above the rubber which houses the electrics> then the door opens further and u should be able to get to the nuts easier

cinq.jpg

Back