General How to remove 500L gauge cluster?

Currently reading:
General How to remove 500L gauge cluster?

The Haynes manual doesn't cover the 'L' version very well, and I can't find any reference to how to remove the Lusso's rectangular gauge cluster. I want to replace the light bulbs in there but have no idea how to get this out!

Search on this site should turn something up. By they way, on mine, the gauge only lights up when the dash switch is thrown (a switch independent from the headlights) so make sure that’s not the reason your gauge lights aren’t on.

The 500L speedo head is the easiest to take out. if you look at the bottom of the cluster from underneath you will notice 2 metal clips. You just lever the cluster out at the bottom. If I remember correctly there are lugs at the top. You will have to pull out the multi-plugs from the back of the cluster---you get to these from inside the front 'boot'. You may also have to undo the speedo cable--just a matter of undoing the knurled ring and pulling the cable away from the back of the instrument cluster. If NONE of the lights work, it might just be that the side-light switch (and ignition) aren't on--if it is just 1 or 2 lights, then it is bulbs.(y):)

OK, from the Hobbler I read 'just lever the cluster out at the bottom'. Now my bezel is ripped apart from the rest of the assembly. Oh, the clips. I couldn't see them. I thought prying out would un-snap them since I couldn't see them. Nope. Prying out just pulls the whole thing apart! Do you see clips in my pictures?

After coming back to this thread, and seeing the new PDF (awesome, thanks!) and looking closer, the clips are thin dark color metal pointing down to grip the lower edge of the metal opening. They hide behind the plastic dash cover. Even then, they weren't easy to unclip. Do one side, then try the other and the first one pops back in place. When I got both, the whole thing exploded out of the dashboard.

Geez. Now to find LED bulbs for the seven lights in there. And repair the newly broken bits.

Attachments

• Under left side.jpg
    Under left side.jpg
    658 KB · Views: 66
  • Under right side.jpg
    Under right side.jpg
    750.4 KB · Views: 64
  • Front.jpg
    Front.jpg
    756.2 KB · Views: 65
Hi Marcus, has your 500 only covered 5430km (3258mls) ?

Al.

Back