Technical how to mod the air-intake system???

Currently reading:
Technical how to mod the air-intake system???

car_maniak

hey everyone, i got a civic right now and i m using it with a "wrong placed", simota air filter... i am looking and searching for a good 3d 1.6 stilo arund and i think i will be buying one... so lets come to my question...

when i looked a stilo's engine i saw that there is a pipe going from the engine to the somewhere[marked with red] i dont know (but i think that there is the air filter)[marked with blue]...

and eventually i couldn't find a nice made, tuned air filter photo for this car...

so i wanna ask you if you can explain and show me how to mod this car's air intake???

(i will transfer the mod parts from civic to stilo ASAP so i wanna be prepared :) )

that photo is of a JTD so the intake is different.

the bit you've highlighted in blue is the battery, the air filter is located directly below it.

where you've highlighted in red is where the induction pipe would go from the engine and down the side to the airfilter under the battery.

An ideal place for an induction kit would be where there is cold air and obviously no water, so thats where the airfilter is already.

Have a look on http://www.gsr-uk.co.uk/ as they have made custom built induction kits for the Stilo. as the induction you have on the Honda would require alot of messing about to get it to fit the Stilo.

yeah i just tought like you said.. so i have to go and see one of these and i'm afraid of that the size matters. cause the filter i have is really big one, so i'm considering wheter i can fit it there or not...

let me ask another question... you can see the mod. of my air filter at the top, I know that it is so close to the engine and wrongly placed. can you say me that this placement can increase my fuel consumption to the 10+ / 100km level???

Back