how to make a car exhaust flamethrower kit

Currently reading:
how to make a car exhaust flamethrower kit

elmo00234

Little Black Cinq
hi guys, i was just wandering if there is a way of making a flamethrower kit on my cinq. I dont want to buy a kit as i dont have the spare cash, but i heard it is quite simple, like a spark plug in the tip of exhaust connected to car battery? I thought it would be funny to show my mates lol. Any suggestions? thanks.

id of said put a sp in the exhaust connected to a switch so its controllable so you can control the attention ;)
be sure it would work before you go drilling holes :)

so it is that easy then? how does it work though, because i thought the fumes what came out the end was not flamable.

it depends, beau told me something about this dependin on your engine or something to do with mpi and spi i think,
but i think its just the vapours that arent burnt in the combustion chamber and are exhausted then the sp will egnite them...well atleast thats what i thought...i may be wrong lol

In essence, best way to do a flamer kit is to have a spark plug at the tip of your exhaust. Can just frill a hole and then weld it in. Rig it up with a switch. You MAY get some flames if you really give it and left off, but not on demand. If your running a turbo, then you can run a VTA BOV and reamp the ECU to over fuel slightly when lifting off. This combined with a straigt through exhaust will produce large flames! Some cars will just do it naturally depending how their tuned etc.

yeah that would be another hurdle to get over, i was thinkig of extending the tip, but that would not look to good.

You could use a bit of stainless steel or something nicely shapped and then riveted onto your bumper. Not the stick on rubbish that the max power boys have! LOL

The Technique to make flames with this type of kit is all about throttle control, whilst driving in gear after a hard acceleration simply let off the throttle rather than changing up gear. Basically after a surge of acceleration with the fuel flow being high, letting off will let any over run fuel vapour exit the exhaust, with the spark plug in place this excess fuel vapour will be ignited to dramatic effect. Also simply blipping the throttle slightly whilst de-accelerating can create flames. Some cars can create flames at standstill, usually this is done by gently revving the engine up into the mid-range then letting the revs fall back down whilst gently sponging back on the throttle and blipping slightly whilst the revs come down. Basically once the kit is switched on, the spark plug should be sparking constantly so that when the fuel vapour in the exhaust gas is present it will ignite, switching the kit off will stop the spark plug and take away any danger of flaming when you don't want to.

:)

you can also get ones withthe same spark system but it also containt somthing that you plug into ur ecu i think and it cuts the engin for a split second sending lots of petral down the exhaust that turns to vapour and creats huge flames

Last edited:
hi guys, i was just wandering if there is a way of making a flamethrower kit on my cinq. I dont want to buy a kit as i dont have the spare cash, but i heard it is quite simple, like a spark plug in the tip of exhaust connected to car battery? I thought it would be funny to show my mates lol. Any suggestions? thanks.

just as amatter of interest apart from visual effect why:confused: :eek:

just for the visual effect and for the fun of it, plus more understanding of the whole concept.

I will most definatley be trying this out on a cheap car :p.

i have a flamer kit on my cinq, i'll talk to you about it at the next ACE, if it wasnt you i spoke to last time.

the guy who puts trays on his back wheels to make it do donuts??

Back