General How to lock a rear door with a dead battery?

Currently reading:
General How to lock a rear door with a dead battery?

BigBobba

Hi all,
I’ve got a dead battery on an ‘09 Grande Punto 1.4. Whilst the key unlocks/locks the front driver door perfectly fine, I cannot find out how to lock one of the rear doors so the car is unsecured. I’ve searched but can’t find anything.

Hoping someone can help……

Cheers, Bobba

I'm not familiar with the Grande, but most Fiats move the inner handle inwards as it locks. This can be done manually on any door when shut. Lean through from the front, push the handle inwards. Repeat for all doors as necessary, then lock the driver's door with the key. Handbook should show this.
At least with a dead battery, it won't get stolen.

Edit: Found this page. If you don't have a handbook, download one here: https://www.fiatforum.com/downloads/grande-punto-handbook-07-10.336/

Attachments

• GPLocks.jpg
    GPLocks.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:
I'm not familiar with the Grande, but most Fiats move the inner handle inwards as it locks. This can be done manually on any door when shut. Lean through from the front, push the handle inwards. Repeat for all doors as necessary, then lock the driver's door with the key. Handbook should show this.
At least with a dead battery, it won't get stolen.

Edit: Found this page. If you don't have a handbook, download one here: https://www.fiatforum.com/downloads/grande-punto-handbook-07-10.336/
How on earth did I miss that in the manual....... I just looked again and it's there staring straight back at me, arrgghhh! Thank you very much, that worked perfectly!

There's a surprising amount of info in most car manuals, but usually well hidden in plain sight. They are usually written in simple terms, but somehow manage to be difficult to digest.
You can always get more from them after you've owned the car for some time, but there's little incentive to look.
I tend to be a bit of an anorak, and read the manual thoroughly. Except any bit about fitting child seats, never bothered with that. Kids can travel in their own parents' cars, not mine.

Back