No really tools are needed apart from a small paintbrush and a Hoover with a crevice tool..

The Replacement Interval of the filter varies obviously with the environment the car is used then again a quick hover regularly can eek a bit more life out of the filter as OEM replacement is £18ish :eek:

First you need to Locate the Filter its hidden behind the trim in the passenger side foot well (UK)

to gain access you first need to remove the trim

put your fingers under the trim near the false vent and pull away

DSCF1009.JPG

once released along this edge pull the trim towards the back of the car
as the front edge is held in place by a hook which locks into the side of the heater control unit until it comes free

DSCF1011.JPG

next look for the filter cover

DSCF1012.JPG

this needs to be unclipped (some might have a retaining screw air con?? but my active didnt? :confused: )

DSCF1013.JPG

Once the cover is removed remove the old filter (if fitted in the first place) then use a small artists paint brush and a Hoover to remove any debris

DSCF1014.JPG

next insert the new filter (i gave mine a light squirt or AutoGlym Auto fresh on the inside of the filter element)

(airflow indiator on the filter needs to point into the car /towards the back of the car)

DSCF1015.JPG

DSCF1016.JPG

This is a bit of a pain to get in you need to push the top edge then the bottom bit by bit working alternately

DSCF1017.JPG

once fully home you need to refit the cover (this has a wrong and a right way)

this is the bottom edge

DSCF1020.JPG

you need to hook the top on first after pushing the filter slightly further in with one hand whilst locating the top catch (as it expands tight against the cover to make an air tight seal)

next hinge the cover down and clip the lower on (refit the screw if fitted)

next refit the trim by hooking the front hook onto the side of the air box

then reclip the rear section back in place

And thats it (y)

ONE LAST THING

remember the heater matrix pipes will be HOT if the car has been used just before fitting it made me jump :eek:

Hope this helps

just to add just replaced it again and got an after market FRAM branded filter

Part#CF10282 cost just shy of £5 from local indipendent factors (y)