Technical How to fit new doors?

Currently reading:
Technical How to fit new doors?

N344HLU

Hi,
my poor cinq sporting has had both doors badly damaged(once by a crazy old italian in a beat up panda,the second in an anonymous(of course!)attack in the carpark of Asda Southgate-probably some vile huge SUV).
Being the aesthete that i am,seeing it in such a decrepit condition every morning pains me considerably,so i'm thinking about buying 2 old doors but am curious as to how complecated the procedure is to re fit them,ie,regarding the central locking and 'leccy windows?will 2 'alien' doors be compatible with the locking unit on my car?
Any help/comments/suggestions would be very greatly appreciated-thanks!!
Jo.

Ok... First thing i'd suggest is to study a haynes manual until your eyes go square!

Fitting doors is a pain in the backside, although i can't honestly say i've done it on a cinq, I have had a lot of experience with doing it on 205 GTIs, it's a real pain to get the alignment spot on,
I'd recommend it as a 2 man job only if you want it to be perfect!

Good luck!

(y)

Get 2 doors off scrappy. Any doors will do provided they're OK. Strip them. Paint them. Take 1 door off car and fit bare door. Align it, etc. Strip the lock, electrics, glass, rubbers etc. from the door which was on the car and refit to door which was on car. It's still a 2 man/woman job, but makes life easier.

The Haynes is just about essential for this.

i got 2 red cinq sporting doors come complete with everything, all you need to do is change locks over and add mirrors comes with all central locking and window mech/glass

you can have them for £30 for both if u come collect they are mint not even a scrach or dent on them

Thanks for the info:)
my car is black so really i'm looking for black doors as i can't really afford to have them sprayed aswell(but thanks for the offer gazzaman).I've got the haynes so i shall have a study.So i take the old locks and electrics off and re fit them to the 'new' ones right?
Sounds like a physical impossibilitytrying to do it solo,i wouldn't dream of trying alone lol!

If I remember rightly theres a bolt/screw on the hinges once undone the door just lifts off, with the mechanism if you're not sure you could swap the originals over onto the alien doors I'm sure it would go in no problem

Back