Technical How to disable horn

Currently reading:
Technical How to disable horn

panagosr

Hello!
I have an problem with my fiat grande punto multijet 1.3.
The horn working in random time.
How can i disable for a little time, untill i go to electrician !
IMG_20220824_085231.jpg

If your horn operates at random times, there is likely a problem with the 'clock spring' under the steering wheel. This is a strip of connections that allow the steering to be turned whilst the connections remain.

It is also likely that having a working horn is mandatory in your country, so disconnecting it should be only a temporary measure.

The fuse may also feed other items. Have a search for the horn itself. In front of the radiator is a likely place. Then just disconnect the plug. You may need to tape this up to prevent water and dirt getting into it, and to stop it shorting out. Make sure you tell the electrician, or he'll be looking for that problem too.

Can i find only the clock spring???
It is usually part of the switch unit, (indicators and wipers). Prices can vary, but time spent on the internet might find the cheapest. Care is needed though, there might be different types, as some models had more trip functions and a button on the end of the wiper stalk. Must get the correct one.
Valeo (major car electrical manufacturer) do aftermarket switches, find their catalogue online and ensure you search for the correct one for your car.

It is usually part of the switch unit, (indicators and wipers). Prices can vary, but time spent on the internet might find the cheapest. Care is needed though, there might be different types, as some models had more trip functions and a button on the end of the wiper stalk. Must get the correct one.
Valeo (major car electrical manufacturer) do aftermarket switches, find their catalogue online and ensure you search for the correct one for your car.
Can i use something like this?

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Can i use something like this?
'Like it', yes. That one, don't know.
They are different colours, and have different connectors, so it is important to make sure the replacement is the same as the original. If different, it may not work, and may cause more problems.

It is of course necessary to diagnose the fault first, don't assume this is the cause, just because I think it most likely.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Back