How to deregister from forum

Currently reading:
How to deregister from forum

Quenga

Hey folks, wondering how I go about deregistering from the Forum? It's been years since my wife or I have owned a Fiat or Abarth, and I get the odd email through in error saying there's a post about me (when there hasn't)

Cheers

If I can refer you to the forum rules (which have barely changed since 2003) - Once an account has posts made against it - IT CANNOT BE REMOVED

https://www.fiatforum.com/rules.html

As Charlie says, you can go through the control panel and turn off the various notifications, change the email address to one you don't use, or set up a filter on your email account to automatically delete FiatForum.com emails.

Cheers folks, could lead to GDPR issues at some point, but as long as it's just folks mistagging. Will likely change password to something random in case there's a breach down the line.

Have fun...

welcome to Hotel fiat forum.
We are programmed to receive
You can log-out any time you like
But you can never leave
I too would like to leave.

Not had for a few years nor want another Fiat.
No objection to Fiat, or our delightful 500TA we had, but no intention of another Fiat at all.

Yes, I can alter my preferences in the User Control Panel, and I'm happy for all my posts to remain in view, but there's no point whatsoever in being a member of a forum that I no longer have an interest in.

Just clogging up the member list, so I would like to be removed from the list.

Best wishes to all.
Mick.

I too would like to leave.

Not had for a few years nor want another Fiat.
No objection to Fiat, or our delightful 500TA we had, but no intention of another Fiat at all.

Yes, I can alter my preferences in the User Control Panel, and I'm happy for all my posts to remain in view, but there's no point whatsoever in being a member of a forum that I no longer have an interest in.

Just clogging up the member list, so I would like to be removed from the list.

Best wishes to all.
Mick.

Hi Mick,

As has been said above, and in the Rules you agreed to when joining, this is not possible.

Yes, I know it's not possible.

Trouble is, it should be possible.

I'm a long-standing member of another forum, and it's possible to deregister from it, and it is done from time to time.

People are forcefully deregistered and people voluntarily do it. Their posts remain.

No complaints from me about Fiat Forum, so no axe to grind. Just a basic simple question.

If the answer is NO, hey hum, that's the way it is.

Bye Bye.
Mick.

Not wanting to chip in but under GDPR you can request ALL the data any company/website possesses on you. You also have the right to correct that data AND the right to be forgotten.

If you are concerned then just serve the appropriate GDPR request/action. GDPR overides and overrules any other rules/permissions you may have originally agreed to.

Fiat Forum officials would be foolish to get involved in a GDPR legal case and will most likely just comply.

REMEBER - GDPR applies to all EU / UK citizens regardless of the data holding company location, server location, etc. Even the US companies now comply with GDPR where EU/UK data is concerned.

If you are not an EU/UK national and the company/data servers are not located in the EU/UK then your rights will be more limited/frustrated.

Last edited:
Back