General How muxh bhp can i add to my 2000 mk2 8v punto?

Currently reading:
General How muxh bhp can i add to my 2000 mk2 8v punto?

How much have you got to spend would be a start, saves us all suggesting things that are out of your price league

Dont forget bhp is just a number, torque is where the real power is ;)

Well....if you are looking to spend that sorta money...you can go down wahtever route you fancy really...but the gains still won't be amazing until you spend a LOT.

Induction, exhaust (manifold and full system), lose some weight round the car, cam re-profiling, port and polished head, vernier pulley, and a damn good remap....that should take most of the 1.5k and probably give you the total of about 30-40 bhp depending on the quality of parts and workmanship.
Or you could fit NOS for an short lived boost.
Or even look to an engine swap or custom turbo build.

As said above though....bhp is nothing without torque.

Oh...and you'd need to uprate the transmission and brakes to suit the power/torque increases.

definately your best bet is buying a sporting.

price wise, there's not much difference, but your getting an extra 20 bhp, better interior, 6spd gerbox, sideskirts, spoiler, fogs, etc.

Plus, dunno how old you are, but you gotta declare mods to insurance, and if your young, then expect to pay A LOT!

unless ur with a mod-friendly insuarance company, you CANNOT do anything to your car, without letteing insurance know. If you don't declare any mods, then you are effectively driving without insurance, so If you have an accident, and insuarance find out the cars modded, they won't cover you.

I'm 19, 0ncb and insured on a sporting (with all mods decllared) paying £850. So its not too bad considering the sporting is a lot better than the 8v.

On todays roads, unless you do track days. Upping the performance is a waste of money in my eyes.

unless ur with a mod-friendly insuarance company, you CANNOT do anything to your car, without letteing insurance know. If you don't declare any mods, then you are effectively driving without insurance, so If you have an accident, and insuarance find out the cars modded, they won't cover you.

I'm 19, 0ncb and insured on a sporting (with all mods decllared) paying £850. So its not too bad considering the sporting is a lot better than the 8v.

HOW THE HELL ARE YOU PAYING JUST THAT MUCH? IM 20 AND I HAVE PUNTO MK2 1.2 8V AND EVERYWHERE I LOOKED, AUTOTRADER INSURANCE SEARCH, COMPARTHEMARKET.COM, ELEPHANT.CO.UK, THEY ALL SAID AROUND 3 GRAND OR 2800 FULLY THIRD PARTY!!!

I got a deal from my brothers mate who works for a insurcance acengy, got me a deal for 1160 fully comp plus added 2 years no claims for extra 250.

what insurance company do you use?!?!

mines third party and fire and theft, fully comp was about £1000

I'm with elephant (just signed up about 2 weeks ago)

Declared mods to alloys, tints, etc.

Got about £200 knocked off by having my sister as an additional driver :)

£3600, thats more than your car man. thats insane.

try living in the countryside, insurance is a 1/3 of that max. based on the fact mine would go up three-fold if i changed the address.

serioulsy, cheaper/simpler/cheaper on insruance to just buy a quicker engined model.

£3600, thats more than your car man. thats insane.

try living in the countryside, insurance is a 1/3 of that max. based on the fact mine would go up three-fold if i changed the address.

serioulsy, cheaper/simpler/cheaper on insruance to just buy a quicker engined model.

my insurance went up when i moved from edinburgh ot small village

WOW!! I cant believe how much you guys are paying in insurance!! Thats HARSH! I only pay £900 on my scooby fully comp and £250 on my JTD tpft. Insurance can be such an arse!

I'm 18 and my 1.2 8v is costing me 830 at the moment, 0 no claims, alloy wheels declared. Got my dad as a named driver.

Back