Technical How much ?

Currently reading:
Technical How much ?

grantduff

Hi does anyone have an idea how much it might cost for a new gear box and drive shaft plus time for a fiat dealership for a 2001 punto go.

Many thanks

Whats the problem ?
Gearbox new around £1500 - exchange around £ 900 plus vat
shaft or cv joints ? shafts depends on which side new o/s £133 - exchange £47 n/s £134 exchange £46.34, cvjoints new £85 - exchange £53 all plus vat. Also just been a price increase so will be a bit dearer. These are ball park figures , would need more info for exact price
Labour time around 3.5 to 4 hrs

Just had the car at kwik fit as heard a noise and stearing went. Fluid (stearing) was coming out running and the chap thought drive shaft might be away also a large metal plate was missing off the side of the gear box I think. Its waiting at my local fiat dealership foe me to get them to look at tomorrow. The new gear box is really expensive ? Gosh.

Something wrong there, it has electric power steering , so no fluid , mmmmmmm
Where you from?

Plate missing , let dealer have a look at, if no probs with gearbox / driveshaft then why change ? Kwik Fit good eh !!!!!! ???????

Going to take it to dealership in edinburgh. Def said it was stearing fluid. Well thanks for your help you really know your stuff.

Back