General How much would you pay for a 1.2 8v TB?

Currently reading:
General How much would you pay for a 1.2 8v TB?

What spec is it? Mileage and age considerations? give a link poss. then it is easier to determine "Light Usage" are we talking having a mileage of 27,000 to 40,000 or higher etc. could decide the overall price.

wouldn't bother with one more than 40k, esp when there so many very low milage mk2's.

erm from a scrappers and you pick it off the car yourself, maybe upto £40.
from a 'vehicle breakers' where they are a scrapyard but they list stuff on ebay at daft prices, more like in teh £40-60 range here.
a new one is several hundred pound, prob around £2-300 from fiat.

there may also be a source of reconditioned ones, but I wouldn't know where to find them

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fiat-Punto-1-...ryZ10382QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

thats the link. milage/year unknown. spec is standard - the ICV has died on mine.

i might let it run to the end of the auction and do it next week, might get it for a lot less.

i went scrapyard shopping today, but no-one was willing to remove the TB from the engines (kinda makes sense i spose - they'd make more selling the complete engine.)

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
It looks in good nick, but then not knowing the mileage. age could cause problems in the future, might have been cleaned up very well and it's not as though you can look at it before buying it. But seems at mo not many people are after it if it stays below £30-40 max then why not go for it.

you should have wrote "throttle body" in your thread discription, i was looking at the first few post thinking, "A second hand timing belt? and for 40quid".,lol

I take it the mk1 1.2 has a different one then huh?

you should have wrote "throttle body" in your thread discription, i was looking at the first few post thinking, "A second hand timing belt? and for 40quid".,lol

I take it the mk1 1.2 has a different one then huh?

I was thinking the same thing lol

"why would anyone use a 2nd hand timing belt" :confused:

lmao :D

And have you tried websites like breakerlink I've always found them to be really quick and normally find what I need within a day or so.

Back