Technical how much would this cost?

Currently reading:
Technical how much would this cost?

this will sound abit weird but theres a little plastic frog toy thing stuck in the heating underneath the cd player in my mk2 punto

now its dissapeared out of sight and the heating doesnt work at all, no heat, no fan....nothing

any idea how to get to that part of the car or how much it would cost to get a garage to look at it and fix it?

Sounds like your heatings "croaked" sorry bud, couldn't resist it lol

:doh:

saladfail.jpg

Last edited:
If your heating does not work at all, that would indicate that the frog has made its way into the fan itself and is blocking it. Do not attempt to turn on the fans since you could damage the motor, and the controller resistor pack.

Now if you had a mk1, this would be easy to fix since the fan is above the front-seat passenger's knee, and accessible by only three screws. However, I think it is in the actual dash behind all the controls in the mk2. The best advice I can give you is to buy a Haynes manual and look up the section on fan replacement. It will be a worthwhile investment since it will save you £££s on other little jobs. I suspect it is similar to the Fiat Uno, where you have to remove the gear knob before you pull the heating system forward and outward.

Back