General How much would I get for this?

Currently reading:
General How much would I get for this?

liam_uk7

Hi,

Im looking to sell my old car, could you guys give me some ideas on what asking price I should set.

- 1998 Punto 60 S 1.2 (3 door)

- Handbrake gone
- Starter motor which works about 70% of the time.
- Leaking oil - or water (possible head gasket)
- Clean, inside and out.
- No damage other than small scratch
- Dispite problems was working fine (up until I broke my handbrake, so i havent used it since)

How much should I ask for it, or would i be better of just scrapping it?

Thanks.

So it has no handbrake, doesn't always start...possibly has a blown HG.
Without fixing those...you're probably looking in the region of pocket money.

If however you paid a visit to a scrappy and sorted the handbrake and starter cheaply....and just had a compression to make sure it's NOT blown the HG....you could get 500-600 easily I should think.

I agree, without those jobs sorted you would probably get more for it at the scrappy.

Look on Ebay, anything with a suspect head gasket always goes for crap money, add that to the fact that a potential buyer may not even be able to start it and it does not bode well for a good sale.

You also need to think that if you can get say £100 scrap(maybe more) for it as it is, will you be much worse off than whatever it costs you to fix it just to sell it? The difference may just not make it worth the time or effort.

OK, but parts is one thing. But getting the parts fitted is another, I have no idea how to do it, so it means paying for someone to do it.

How much would it cost for someone to fix a starter motor and a handbrake & parts?

The thing is I only payed £600 for it, and I think either way Im at a loss, so unless paying the parts & labour means I lose less than scrapping it then It doesnt really matter what I do.

Back