General How much to offer?

Currently reading:
General How much to offer?

ronnieronson

Bring On The Trumpets!
Might be going back to a Cinq for a while (Panda 100hp next Christmas?? ;)), and have seen one locally which looks to be ok - going for a proper once over and test drive tomorrow.
Obviously the car market is somewhat slow at the moment with the credit crunch, and I'm mindful of that.

This car is a little yellow cinq sporting, 97 reg, 59,367 miles, MOT-07-2009. Taxed 31/12/08.
Has a Sei sporting interior, and some aftermarket 5 spoke 13's on it.
It's on the forecourt for £950 - which I think is a little on the steep side, even if it's completely mint.
No idea on the history, or how many owners - but the garage do offer full hpi report.

Toying with the idea of buying it with the intentions of keeping it standard (well, in it's current form shall we say), and selling the Sei to pay for my deposit on the panda & my holiday next May.
If I did decide to mod it a little, I've my black and silver Sei wheels, and a twin exit power flow sat in my shed - but that's about as far as I'd go I think...
Realistically I know I'd never get more than about £1650 for my car in a private sale, and even less at trade in - So I'd need to be looking at around £500 for the cinq to make this a sensible trade off.

media15.jpg

media26.jpg

media34.jpg

media44.jpg

media51.jpg

media61.jpg

Assuming that after a drive and a thorough checking over, all seems to be in order - what do we think this little yellow beasty is worth?

Also while I'm asking - is anyone insured with Endsleigh? - a mate suggested to me that with them if you change your car mid policy for reasons other than accident damage, that they restart the policy and you lose the no claims you've built up on the previous vehicle? - If that's the case is there anything illegal about me adding this car to my policy and forgetting to tell the insurer that I've sold my Sei?
I only ask since my policy runs out on the 10th of January, and it seems daft to waste the best part of a years no claims.
Alternatively, is there anything illegal about me insuring this car on a seperate policy with a different insurer?

650 max no more than that start low though, credit crunch etc times as they are they shouldnt really be pushing you away

hardly any tax so some bargaining there. possible bargaining depending on history and key situation etc looks in good nick but thats a picture

walk away if they wont budge

i was with endsleigh for 1 year, that says it all really

do everything by the book ronnie regarding insurance, dont try and cut corners to save a few £ r.e forget to say ive not got a car insured with you anymore :nono:

Last edited:
If it is a trader i doubt you'll get him to go below £750

as for insurace you can insure as many cars as you want on different policies but each policy builds up it's NCB and you can only apply your current no claims to a one policy. A number of insurers will apply the same level of NCB discount you are entitled to on your main policy if it is for a second car

im going to look at a 2002 citroen C5 tomorrow for £800 with tax n test
the car market is very slow so offer as much as you're happy to pay ;)

That's an awesome price!

650 max no more than that start low though, credit crunch etc times as they are they shouldnt really be pushing you away

hardly any tax so some bargaining there. possible bargaining depending on history and key situation etc looks in good nick but thats a picture

walk away if they wont budge

i was with endsleigh for 1 year, that says it all really

do everything by the book ronnie regarding insurance, dont try and cut corners to save a few £ r.e forget to say ive not got a car insured with you anymore :nono:

Sound advice yet again from you Apple - suppose I could just keep the Sei for two more months (might take that long to sell her I guess), and just insure the cinq seperately, or even keep it at the mother in laws off the rd until January...

id offer £500.

That's really as much as I'd like to pay - hoping to be conciderably in pocket if this all goes through, what with all the things I have planned next year.
Plus I'm not looking at this car as an investment - ever since I did this photoshop, and took a test drive in one, I've been hankering for a 100hp:
dreampanda.jpg

id keep for now and look at situation after new year.

Chances are with xmas coming up as well, it will be there into the new year

id keep for now and look at situation after new year.

Chances are with xmas coming up as well, it will be there into the new year

aye, not a bad idea - still going to test drive it, might even offer the guy a silly price like £250 to see if he bites or not.... stranger things have happened :p

Omg i fail..... ill get back in my hole ;(.....................................................
Its late and i got 2 hours sleep last night!

Omg i fail..... ill get back in my hole ;(.....................................................
Its late and i got 2 hours sleep last night!

you didnt fail, you are correct,

ronnie failed in fact as he only said in his original qoute 'sei sporting interior' there is obviously the spi interior but that is not specifying which interior so ronnie.......FAIL!!!

Last edited:
the car dealer ask a lot for the car £950:eek:, you can pick up a mpi sei for that amount, do you know how long it been with them?
if it longer than a month, i think you might able get it down to £500, but if they just got it in, i don't think they will take the offer.
i sew a yellow sporting sei, for sell at the dealer near me, only with them for a week, and they sold it, all the small car go very well at the mins, every body go for small car to save money.
try to find somthing not right about the car, see weather you can put the price down.

you didnt fail, you are correct,

ronnie failed in fact as he only said in his original qoute 'sei sporting interior' there is obviously the spi interior but that is not specifying which interior so ronnie.......FAIL!!!

:doh:

fail-owned-wheelchair-tablet-accessibility-fail.jpg

Id say sell you sei, but split the wheels......and i want dibs on them:p:p My rally cinq is die'ing for some white wheels.....sparco's going on it soon

Erm.... Not really sure how to answer this.... We'll see :p

the car dealer ask a lot for the car £950:eek:, you can pick up a mpi sei for that amount, do you know how long it been with them?
if it longer than a month, i think you might able get it down to £500, but if they just got it in, i don't think they will take the offer.
i sew a yellow sporting sei, for sell at the dealer near me, only with them for a week, and they sold it, all the small car go very well at the mins, every body go for small car to save money.
try to find somthing not right about the car, see weather you can put the price down.

Yeah, the price does seem steep - but then as you say small cars are becoming popular again for their fuel economy etc, so perhaps the dealer is banking on this?

My Sei has only done 37k and I bought her originally for £1900 -although she needed a lot of work doing to get her in the condition she is now as she had a lot of running issues, and I'm very mindful of that, because I don't want to end up £1000 better off after I've sold my car and then having to spend it all fixing the Cinq to get it running right...

Last edited:
To be honest i'd just stick with what you have for now, it's a known quantity after all

If you want cheap motoring you can't really get better than a small car that has nothing else left to go wrong with it, you are not going to loose that much more on the value of your car keeping it for another 12 months.

In all likelyhood if you got the cinq you will probably be looking at a cambelt change if it hasn't been done and it's getting to that age and mileage for a possible head gasket change if it hasn't been treated well and pampered so there is more cost there than the depreciation on you Sei

Last edited:
To be honest i'd just stick with what you have for now, it's a known quantity after all

If you want cheap motoring you can't really get better than a small car that has nothing else left to go wrong with it, you are not going to loose that much more on the value of your car keeping it for another 12 months.

In all likelyhood if you got the cinq you will probably be looking at a cambelt change if it hasn't been done and it's getting to that age and mileage for a possible head gasket change if it hasn't been treated well and pampered so there is more cost there than the depreciation on you Sei

Aye I suppose....
...Went to look at the cinq today - was being bought as I arrived.
It sold for £950 - but it did look pretty immaculate.
Only 2 owners from new, FSH - including cambelt, new headgasket, new brakes all round, brand new alloys, and the sei interior (old one was ripped in the normal manner).
Only sign of age/replacement bits was the front bumper was a slightly different shade to the rest of the car - but the front slam panel looked original, and in pristine order.

...Anyhow, going to drive another panda tomorrow, followed by an afternoon at the auction room - so you never know, I may come home with another car before the week is out :p

Back