Styling How much to get lowered???

Currently reading:
Styling How much to get lowered???

why dont you take the wheels of and just have a look to see if you can do them your self..i did mine took me and a mate about hour half easy.......(y)..............................................................................

also wot drop are you going for 50mm..:D..........looks nice....

£30 a corner inc vat. back are easy to diy

didn't know if i would be able to do it my self haha thought it would need to go up on a ramp... im not too good with stuff like this haha and was thinking 35mm drop maybe... dont want it to be unpractical haha

I think 35mm is low enough. The wheels fill the arches without slipping under at the top and the suspension doesnt get so stiff it messes up the road handling.

If you have never used a spring compressor probably best to get a professional to do it.

How old are the shocks? and when were the brakes last serviced? No point in doing low springs if the basics are not sorted.

I think 35mm is low enough. The wheels fill the arches without slipping under at the top and the suspension doesnt get so stiff it messes up the road handling.

If you have never used a spring compressor probably best to get a professional to do it.

How old are the shocks? and when were the brakes last serviced? No point in doing low springs if the basics are not sorted.

not too sure haha could just get coilovers from fk with shocks :)

although they are quite expensive :( and the brakes aren't that great... but don't want to spend a fortune haha

Last edited:
Spend the money on a proper service and get properly sorted before you start modding.
Brake discs are under £10 each and pads £25 per axle.
Proper coolant will set you back £10 (£20 if you flush it properly) and you will avoid a head gasket failure.
When was the oil last changed. No oil or gloopy oil or blocked filter = bnggered engine.

I think you'll guess where I'm coming from. :)

i got quoted £120 to fit 4 springs on my punto thats £30 a spring

then i decided to do it myself very easy, rear ones just fall out and new ones pop in, the front ones you need to compress the spring off and new one will fit without compression (well mine did lol)

bolts are goin to be very very rusty so alot of effort to use spanner and rachet but is possible if you work them back and forth using plenty of wd40 lol of just use a air gun back and forth if you have acces to one.

do 50mm drop best drop visually you will wish you did 50mm if you only go 35mm

50mm on standad shocks is fine dont go over 50mm drop on standard shocks as will be very difficult to line up the spring on your original shocks if your go 60mm(y)

Back