Technical how much oil in a 899?

Currently reading:
Technical how much oil in a 899?

3.8 litres according to the Lindsay Porter w/s manual (less if you haven't changed the filter. However, in practice you will not be able drain every drop of oil out. I find that I get out about 3l, and put 3l back in.

If you can measure how much you've taken out then that will give you a good idea. Either you need to look at the dip stick, and I'd expect it to be well past the max mark :cry:.

I find that it can be hard to get accurate readings from the dip stick when the oil's just been filled. It needs to stand for a while, and then have a look, otherwise you'll find that the oil's all up the dipstick anyway.

Good Luck! :dead:

The Ugly Duckling said:
3.8 litres according to the Lindsay Porter w/s manual (less if you haven't changed the filter. However, in practice you will not be able drain every drop of oil out. I find that I get out about 3l, and put 3l back in.

If you can measure how much you've taken out then that will give you a good idea. Either you need to look at the dip stick, and I'd expect it to be well past the max mark :cry:.

I find that it can be hard to get accurate readings from the dip stick when the oil's just been filled. It needs to stand for a while, and then have a look, otherwise you'll find that the oil's all up the dipstick anyway.

Good Luck! :dead:

cheers thats the answer i was looking for :)

yeah it's way past the max mark lol ah well itll burn down eventually :rolleyes:

Back