General How much more HP can a 1.6 Turbo have? :)

Currently reading:
General How much more HP can a 1.6 Turbo have? :)

Hehehhe Stiloclub Greece had members in northern greece arrange a dyno day. Im pretty sure everyone remembers Nikos amazing yellow 1.6 turbo stilo right? Well he fine tuned the car a bit more and raised the turbo to 0.83 bar ;)

dsc00828sm2ps.jpg

Well the car pulled an amazing 227 hp with 23 kg of torque

Here is the dyno paper

dsc01073sm7bk.jpg

Last edited:
i think there are places which will do the conversion mate, its just the money to have it done thats the only thing :(

well, im having my exhaust done this week, then its book in for an induction kit at GSR and then a live remap there! But i luv the idea of a turbo, money dosent matter as long as it isn't Ridiculously (looks like i'd be working overtime everyday for the next year lol :) ).. I know there is other fings to consider aswell before! Im also going to have supersprint manifold soon when i get some more reddies! Other things im thinking about is throttle bodies, camshafts, getting the head ported and polished! But i'll have a chat to pete from GSR when i go down there for my other bits 1st!

EDIT: ive also contacted van aaken to see what if any goodies they might be able to offer for the 1.8, as the block is quite common and is obviously the same as the punto hgt and baracetta! Hopefully they come back with something!

Sorry to go off topic a little..

Last edited:
@ activemat..

bare in mind that the 1.6lt stilos are over 107ps..

most of them, are 110-112ps...

I have said it before and I will say it again:

Just arrange 2 weeks vocations @ Greece (some of you have already done this), but bring your car and a few thousands of Euros... You will go back home more happy than you imagine...

:D :D :D :D

@ 1.8Stilo: If you are thinking of putting a turbo on, don't make any changes.
For example, the exhaust that you are going to have is not suitable for a car with turbo. So, just not to waste extra money (and need more overtime hours) think first what you are going to do... (y)

Damn it he didnt say when hes going out to greece :bang: so ah when you going Matt so that Phill can purchase all available turbos and sell them at a biiiig profit on fleabay :p now wheres Uno 94 he can give me some tips ime sure ;)

Please tell us Nikos why the exhaust system that 1.8 is thinking of having fitted will not be suitable for a turboed car[and are you saying leave it as standard ? ]:)

PNL said:
Please tell us Nikos why the exhaust system that 1.8 is thinking of having fitted will not be suitable for a turboed car[and are you saying leave it as standard ? ]:)
cos he'd prolly fit a standard stainless steel cat back or manifold system.. but a turbo needs a specifically reinforced manifold, or it'll blow great big chunks out of the front of the engine.

if they could terbo a 1.4 id go get it done. hint hint do they do 1 nikos

cant even spell turbo alsigmers is settin in

Last edited:
Originally Posted by PNL
Please tell us Nikos why the exhaust system that 1.8 is thinking of having fitted will not be suitable for a turboed car[and are you saying leave it as standard ?

cos he'd prolly fit a standard stainless steel cat back or manifold system.. but a turbo needs a specifically reinforced manifold, or it'll blow great big chunks out of the front of the engine.

Except that you will need a reinforced manifold, you will need a totaly different manifold that will have a certain shape in order to fit after the manifold the turbo and then continue the rest of the exhaust. Also, the whole exhaust will have bigger diameter (mine has 60mm internal diameter). Of course the standard manifols will NOT do the job aswell... I am just saying that turbo's need a certain manifold that a non turbo car can't have. Look at the following image (sorry but I am not an artist! :rolleyes: ) You see that the turbo is intercepting the exhaust...

ffmanifold9tt.jpg

1.8Stilo said:
cool... thanxs for that! Im only getting a cat back system now! not a manifold so im sure that cud be modified at a later date if i decided to get a turbo!
Do you know the diameter of the cat? Which is the original diameter of your exhaust? You may need a bigger cat later (maybe). Mine is 60mm... Yours (I am not sure but I imagine) may be even larger (because yours is 1.8)...

Back