Technical how much more do i have to spend???

Currently reading:
Technical how much more do i have to spend???

rubydoo

here i am again still paying out..:bang: ..
new head gasket.. then a new top end on the engine after it siezed.. new tyres... speedo stopped...now the exhaust tail pipe has dropped off...
when i took it in for the recall on the petrol tank checking out the main dealer wants £200 to put a new exhaust on:cry:
is this a realistic price for a sportin model??? or are they trying to rip off a youngster???

would have to agree fit it yourself not a big job. Thats the reason i bought a cinq fed up of garage bills. I bought an SX with 100k on the clock and have had to do a hell of a lot in the short time ive had it but i knew i would and its not going to be my last cinq. Its a bit of luck when you buy any second hand car though sorry yours has been bad!

Bugger that! Punto's tailpipe fell off a bit back, balls to shelling out for a new exhaust, I picked it up, took it home and welded it back on! :D

rubydoo said:
the main dealer wants £200 to put a new exhaust on:cry:
is this a realistic price for a sportin model??? or are they trying to rip off a youngster???

Nope, very unreasonable IMO.

Backbox costs about £50 for standard replacement at most.

Last time I paid for one to be fitted (I really cba getting under the car that time), it cost me £10 for a local garage to fit it. 20 minutes work at ABSOLUTE MOST...

i would agree if you cant be bothered fitting it nip in early or whenever your local garage is not busy. Ive even been to the likes of kwik fit for quick jobs and paid cash in hand (if the gaffers out).

Back