How much is my stilo worth?

Currently reading:
How much is my stilo worth?

alexn21

Hi! I'm fairly new here, I've got a 1.6 Fiat Stilo 3DR Dynamic in Murano Blue, 2002, which I haven't had that long. I love it but I'm on my parents policy as 1.6 works out just a bit to expensive for insurance first year of driving.
I did a whatcar valuation, but these seem to be a bit inaccurate for Stilo's, and just wondered what I could roughly get for it? Its got 60k miles, and MOT till january, tax till july, generally good condition, new exhaust, serviced, only the engine lights on and needs a bulb changing, sorry if this is supposed to be in classifieds! Any advice would be appreciated!

Really? I thought that was alright! it passed mot with it, and doesn't seem to affect it at all! I'd be more than happy with £1300 though if I can ever afford to list it haha

Well to give you the full story, the last car was a family car used by all my brothers, myself, and my mum as there are only 2 cars in a family of 5. I am at university, and as I cannot get my own policy, the car stays at home, and theyre using it as the family car until I can afford my own insurance and until then they will buy a new one for the family.
I don't front, otherwise I wouldnt sell the car I'm perfectly happy with to spend £800 a year on insurance.
Sorry if you find that offensive.

Use the bus/train/bicycle until you have finished university. Working to pay for car running costs will waste study time & leave you with a poor degree. These days its only the best degrees that have any value.
Poor degrees are a total waste of time & money.

Boring advice I'm sure has been said many times before, but that's how it is.

In the meantime fix the light bulb and use http://www.fiatecuscan.net (free) and connector cable (ebay £20) on a laptop to read the fault codes.

If you end up selling the car for 2p, put it down as investment in the degree results.

Last edited:
Back