How much is my stilo worth?

Currently reading:
How much is my stilo worth?

alexn21

Hi! I'm fairly new here, I've got a 1.6 Fiat Stilo 3DR Dynamic in Murano Blue, 2002, which I haven't had that long. I love it but I'm on my parents policy as 1.6 works out just a bit to expensive for insurance first year of driving.
I did a whatcar valuation, but these seem to be a bit inaccurate for Stilo's, and just wondered what I could roughly get for it? Its got 60k miles, and MOT till january, tax till july, generally good condition, new exhaust, serviced, only the engine lights on and needs a bulb changing, sorry if this is supposed to be in classifieds! Any advice would be appreciated!

volxstu

More ICE Please
Only the engine light on!!!! Thats a pretty major one. £1300 with light on £1500 fixed IMO.

OP
OP
A

alexn21

Really? I thought that was alright! it passed mot with it, and doesn't seem to affect it at all! I'd be more than happy with £1300 though if I can ever afford to list it haha

your stilo is worth nothing if you have an accident and you wont be insured - as your fronting
as you've clearly said your on your parents policy

MAN UP! Its twonks like you who push insurances up because your too tight to be on your own policy

[/rant]

OP
OP
A

alexn21

Well to give you the full story, the last car was a family car used by all my brothers, myself, and my mum as there are only 2 cars in a family of 5. I am at university, and as I cannot get my own policy, the car stays at home, and theyre using it as the family car until I can afford my own insurance and until then they will buy a new one for the family.
I don't front, otherwise I wouldnt sell the car I'm perfectly happy with to spend £800 a year on insurance.
Sorry if you find that offensive.

DaveMcT

Use the bus/train/bicycle until you have finished university. Working to pay for car running costs will waste study time & leave you with a poor degree. These days its only the best degrees that have any value.
Poor degrees are a total waste of time & money.

Boring advice I'm sure has been said many times before, but that's how it is.

In the meantime fix the light bulb and use http://www.fiatecuscan.net (free) and connector cable (ebay £20) on a laptop to read the fault codes.

If you end up selling the car for 2p, put it down as investment in the degree results.

Last edited: