General How Much Is It Worth?

Currently reading:
General How Much Is It Worth?

mikeyboy

Sadly, the time has come for me to part company with my 1990 'Sergio Tacchini' 999cc Panda. But how much should I sell it for...any ideas? 12 months MOT, 3.5 months tax, must be worth something. It's in decent nick for a 16yo car, but most of the panels have some form of minor dent/scratch and the bottom edge of the LH is perforated with rust. But no rust underneath!!! And the exhaust, tyres and brakes are all great, and the car has had a new wheel bearing. The downside is that the cambelt needs doing.

It needs to go quickly, and somebody at work has offered me 70 quid. Should I take it, or is it worth more? ANy ideas would be appreciated!

Mike

If you take each month's MOT as being worth £25 ish, you have £300 straight off. See here for an idea of what the value is - at least it gives you a starting point :)

In short, the other guy would be laughing if you sold it to him for 70 quid.

Steve said:
I disagree. £300 is top whack for a Panda (4X4 Pandas excepted).

Even though it has a years mot the bodywork sounds shabby. It's always hard to say without seeing the car, but I think you'll be doing well to get £200 for it.

People will always haggle for a bargain - a Panda is seen as a cheap car and still fairly easily obtainable (just look at the various examples on e-bay), that's why they will try it on. If it was a mate, and I knew he wanted the car and would look after it, I would give him first option at a greatly reduced price - anyone else look for a realistic price from (£200+?)

i reckon you would get at least 250 on ebay, its go MOT and tax so thats always a plus and it doesnt sound like its totally foooooked ave a go on ebay, after all what have you got to lose (other than the listing fee) (y)

sure it was a special edition but pretty much all of the pandas out there are a special edition (in one way or another) the tacchini did have the funky interior and metallic paint though. it doesnt really make a difference, at the end of the day its still a 2 wheel drive.:)

sounds good ewnough to me, I'm on a panda hunt. would give you ooo 150 for it on wednesday :) and I'm in southampton, perfect. Could collect too... :)

sounds like a plan... the cambelt needs doing, does this mean that the cambelt has snapped destroying all the valves, orr I can drive it home and change the cambelt?

Pjordan said:
sounds like a plan... the cambelt needs doing, does this mean that the cambelt has snapped destroying all the valves, orr I can drive it home and change the cambelt?

I think it'll be the second one :)

Back