General How Much is it Worth?

Currently reading:
General How Much is it Worth?

That has made my blood boil :mad: Gestapo bullies, who think they are above the law. What did anyone gain from the car being crushed!! Nothing! What could the government have got if they had just sold it on....£500. Sick, theyre just desperate to get all the old cars off the roads I think sometimes.

Claim for as much as you can get, it was their mistake and you were completely innocent.

Best of luck to you.

Si

Mini Update:

Finally got the 'Withdrawal letter' through the post. Is as follows...

Dear Mr. E

As an out of court settlement has now been paid, it is the Agency's intention to withdraw the summons against you for hearing at 'X' Magistrates Court on 02/06/2009, in relation to the alleged offence concerning motor vehicle J******.

Consequently, it will not be necessary for you to attend the hearing on that date.

Should you need to contact us, please quote the registration mark of the vehicle.

Yours sincerely

Mrs. P. W
(On behalf of the Secretary of State for Transport)

I'm taking this as conclusive proof that the DVLA either make inept mistakes or, what's worse, are liars, as to date I've paid them exactly £0 and zero pence. Perhaps I'm just paranoid, but I get the impression that they sent out this letter so that when I start asking for money for my Panda they can fob me off as having accepted their 'punishment'.

Have you spoken to the landowner Luke? Could they have contacted the DVLA and reported the vehicle as abandoned?

Losing your car sucks though :(

I haven't because noone actually knows who owns the land... weird I know, but true. (Neighbours had bought their house recently and legal surveys returned that interesting fact. I had to write them a letter to say that there was a precedent of 'allowed access' to our houses).

I suppose someone else could have suggested it was abandoned, but that normally gets dealt with by the local council rather than the DVLA and the evidence attached to the summons only referenced an NCP enforcement officer, on behalf of the DVLA, seeing the car stationary on 'X' road, 'X' date with an out of date VEL (Tax disc).

Am writing them a letter acknowledging their withdrawal but pointing out their 'out of court settlement' error. If only so they have an official rebuttal from me. Then I think I'll be sending off my letter asking for either my car back in its original state or a decent level of compensation.

If that still doesn't illicit a response then I guess it'll be a second 'letter before action', then filing an N1 form which is a claim via the courts. Fun(!)

Back