General How much fun are you having this weather?

Currently reading:
General How much fun are you having this weather?

At last we have snow so time to try the German Winter Rated tyers on son in laws 4x4. Trekking says not enough depth 200mm no effort needed bring on some more and I'll show you what I can do(y) 2x2 CLX has same tyers fitted to front so I'll see how good they are on her.

Yep snow here now..(y)...been out but it's all too easy...need more.:devil:

I'm really wishing I had my Sisley on the road, would be great fun but it still isnt finished:bang: My CLX is brilliant though, even though its only on cheapo tyres, I'm beginning to think that I wouldn't even need the 4WD if I was using the Sisley.

Your right..... I never need to put it in 4 wheel drive no matter how deep the snow is or how steep the hill is..

Now we have more snow and deep:worship:thank you now the test starts on those tyers(y) no problem with either type tyers last night. But those off road tyers do leave a nice print in the snow.

Now we have more snow and deep:worship:thank you now the test starts on those tyers(y) no problem with either type tyers last night. But those off road tyers do leave a nice print in the snow.

I can confirm after driving home from work in todays torential downpour of snow that the german tyres combined with 4x4 panda is AMAZING! i was the only car brave (or stupid) enough to tackle "chathill" which is a lovely litle windy road on a constant steep slope and going upwards too, not a single problem. Loved the looks of amazement and gawping on passing cars faces as i sat at the top of the hill waiting to turn out of a junction (How on earth can a car that old and small make my big expensive fancy new car look stupid, he's not even rolling backwards down the 90degree hill either)
:slayer:

I've been using my sisley solely for work (my other car is a SMART roadster and its going nowhere till the snow is gone!) and to see my horses, we've got about a foot of snow in central scotland and sisley has been great. I've been using the 4x4 but most of the time but I probably don't really need it. I have found though that some of the snow is a little deep now for it as going down a dirt track to that has ruts and puddles normally and the sump guard is digging into to snow a bit and turning in the stubble field it didn't have enough power to push all the snow away and nearly konked out! Has anyone got raised suspension at all on a panda as it would would be even better with that.(y)

Went out this morning before work. Just me, bigger 4x4s and tractors about......Great Fun:D

HPIM0008.JPG

HPIM0011.JPG

HPIM0016.JPG

HPIM0018.JPG

HPIM0020.JPG

HPIM0022.JPG

HPIM0024.JPG

HPIM0025.JPG

Been having fun in the Italia! Went out Monday to see my car was blended into the wee hill I park beside, all I could see was the wheel trims peeking out!

I am amazed at how well pandas perform in the snow. I been getting to work in Central Scotland everyday in mine and I travel from further away than most, was just the people with 4x4's that came in saying how did you get here! Go skinny tires and Panda Power haha, even been getting up the big hill at my bit with no problem when everyone else is spinning and getting stuck!

I thought moving here from Canada meant I wouldn't have to shovel or deal with vast quantities of snow anymore :mad: but least my panda keeps me right. :D

Thats us back in.

We went up to Consett. Those of you from up here will know how mad it is up there. I've known snow in July there!!

While sat having a burger the coulds managed to dump another 3 inches (y)

Brilliant fun!!!

Car all parked up and covered over ready for the work run tomorrow.

Attachments

• IMG_0280.JPG
    IMG_0280.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 21
You sure do!!!

Go have a trip to Leadgate via Lanchester, I head that road is closed :slayer:

Thats us back in.

We went up to Consett. Those of you from up here will know how mad it is up there. I've known snow in July there!!

ha ha, i know consett... that was a brave move going over there while snowing lol, but then again 4x4 panda's do make you feel invincible :p

This snow is just the best!
My Sisley has earned me about £400 this week... just getting friends to work!
It is great in 2 wheel drive but in some spots (over 2 foot) the 4x4 made the difference.
I drove 4 miles on the motorway embankment and saved myself having to sleep there like so many others.
I left all other 4x4s behind as they were too wide to get past all the jack-knifed lorries!
All the haters who have laughed at my car for the last 350 days are now very quiet! My boss offered to buy the car but I think I'll never sell... not even for the 3K he offered!
My future kids will drive her one day!
Sisley forever!

Back