General How much fun are you having this weather?

Currently reading:
General How much fun are you having this weather?

Harllequin

Have to say. Int snow brilliant!!!!!

So many cars to pass by so little time.

Thing is I've not needed to stick it into 4x4 mode yet. I feel some how cheated :rolleyes:

We've no snow at the moment, hopefully we'll get some this week (y). I love it.

Earlier this year when we had snow for about 2 weeks I abandoned my Impreza (it may be 4x4 but it's not great in the slippery stuff - too much poke!) and used the Panda full time. Light weight, front wheel drive and little in the way of oomph - ideal, great fun to slide about in. I bet if I got stuck a 4x4 Panda would still get through though - it's why all the utility companies/plod in the Alps used to drive them..

Cheers,

Plug

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr !

After looking out of the window and seeing a lightly dusted panda van, I wasnt too keen on the idea of braving the cold to fit my new radiator. Anyway prized myself away from the central heating an changed it saturday morning only to find that the new rad is a little too efficient now and the car only gets up to about 70 degress when its running and the heater blows out warm rather than hot - its tempting to put the rusty old rad and old heater matrix back in !!
And to make things worse we went to domino's pizza earlier and the steam from the pizza made the inside of the windows freeze too - not looking forward to my 5.45am start tomorow, think there will be a lot of ice chipping !:D

Attachments

• DSC_2211.JPG
    DSC_2211.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 21
Just had a trip to Hexham to drop the littleun off.

I didn't know the Panda could be a snow plow as well!!!
The parts that were deeper than the car's ground clearance were just shoved to one side :)

Here are some pics

Attachments

• IMG_0263.JPG
    IMG_0263.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0264.JPG
    IMG_0264.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0265.JPG
    IMG_0265.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0266.JPG
    IMG_0266.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 17
No snow here..... Last year had loads and went out at 10.00pm for night time snow fun in the sisley, looking for the best country roads and hills..... 4 wheel drive not needed...2wd pandas are just as good I think.... Pandas are great for everything I'm sure we will all agree...:slayer:
Just went to get the sisley and are waiting for the snow...could be out tonight...bring it on..(y)

Just had a trip to Hexham to drop the littleun off.

I didn't know the Panda could be a snow plow as well!!!
The parts that were deeper than the car's ground clearance were just shoved to one side :)

Here are some pics

I want snow!!!! but I might not want it when everything breaks at once like last time! The clutch bearing is making loads of noise :(
Si

i love the snow but the temporary shelter that i built in the summer certainly doesnt! lucky that i got the panda fixed and out of there in time lol.

first pics show the first day of snow then the others show the day later.

Attachments

• IMGP4213.JPG
    IMGP4213.JPG
    397.9 KB · Views: 24
  • IMGP4252.JPG
    IMGP4252.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 14
  • IMGP4259.JPG
    IMGP4259.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 19
Good job you got it out in time Powerpanda!!!

It seems to be melting a bit over here though :(

At last we have snow so time to try the German Winter Rated tyers on son in laws 4x4. Trekking says not enough depth 200mm no effort needed bring on some more and I'll show you what I can do(y) 2x2 CLX has same tyers fitted to front so I'll see how good they are on her.

Well mine is imobile today. I've taken the alternator off to have it reconed. Dropped it off at 10am and hope to have it back and fitted this evening fingers crossed.Ahhhh

It was running a bit sick when I put the lights on, so best sort it while I can I think.

seems to be a few unlucky 4x4 owners who aren't getting the chance to use them in the snow, myself included, first my shelter collapsed then the coil has started to fault:( new one will arrive tomorrow though and hopefully i'll be back on the road (or ice) in no time :p

Back