General How much faster can it go?!?!?

Currently reading:
General How much faster can it go?!?!?

Oh i get it.... So the red thing is called the FIRE. NOW I GET IT!!! smart a##e lol

lewma said:
Oh i get it.... So the red thing is called the FIRE. NOW I GET IT!!! smart a##e lol
im confused. the actual engine in cinq sportings is called a FIRE engine, its like Honda have VTEC and vauxhall have Ecotec and rover have the K series, Fiat have a FIRE engine

Except the vtec is half if not three quarters more powerful than mine! gutted

littleyellowcar said:
im confused. the actual engine in cinq sportings is called a FIRE engine, its like Honda have VTEC and vauxhall have Ecotec and rover have the K series, Fiat have a FIRE engine

Almost. FIRE stands for Fully Integrated Robotised Engine, I actually remember when Fiat introduced it as my friend at the times mum bought an UNO when theyt first came out, think I was about 12 at the time, FIAT claimed it used something like 25% less moving parts that a conventional engine therefore the theory was less moving parts, less things to break, meaning higher reliability!

Honda's VTEC stands for Variable Timing Emissions Control, where the engine alters the lift & duration of the cam to gain high power at high revs but fuel economy & good emissions at low revs.

Don't know about the Vauxhall engine.

Last edited:
J333EVO said:
Almost. FIRE stands for Fully Integrated Robotised Engine, I actually remember when Fiat introduced it as my friend at the times mum bought an UNO when theyt first came out, think I was about 12 at the time, FIAT claimed it used something like 25% less moving parts that a conventional engine therefore the theory was less moving parts, less things to break, meaning higher reliability!

Honda's VTEC stands for Variable Timing Emissions Control, where the engine alters the lift & duration of the cam to gain high power at high revs but fuel economy & good emissions at low revs.

Don't know about the Vauxhall engine.

I think you misunderstood me, i was only indicating that a FIRE engine was a type of engine that fiat made, just like honda makes a VTEC engine.....

i didnt mean it was the same as in variable valves etc...

Back