General How much faster can it go?!?!?

Currently reading:
General How much faster can it go?!?!?

lewma

Hey guys,

Getting tired of ####heads trying to race, eg VAUXHALL gang. What can i do to p##s them off like they do to me?
Of course bigger engine with nos would do the trick but can't afford that. Put K&N induction on but haven't got a cold inlet pipe going to it.
Is it going to make any significant diff if fit one going to it? or any other tips? (y)

Depends how far you wanna go and how much £

I've got a 1242 turbo that'll do high 16s on the 1/4 mile, that's 4 seconds quicker than standard and really, it goes like a bugger. You're probably talking £2k+ to copy it though.

K&N , exhaust and a chip (see mckcrich) will help, but won't take 6 secs off the 0-60.

fixitagaintomorrow said:
Depends how far you wanna go and how much £

I've got a 1242 turbo that'll do high 16s on the 1/4 mile, that's 4 seconds quicker than standard and really, it goes like a bugger. You're probably talking £2k+ to copy it though.

K&N , exhaust and a chip (see mckcrich) will help, but won't take 6 secs off the 0-60.

Well, whats the std 0-60?
I thought it was around 15s?

Id say a chassis-twisting V8 would be on the cards if yu wanted to do real well... :)

fixitagaintomorrow said:
Standard car is quoted at 13.8 secs, although they feel quicker.

Yeah, I think I agree with that, my 899cc Sei SX felt like it was going really fast when I first got it. When I was doing 30mph it felt like 40mph. A sporting probably feels even faster with slightly lower suspension.

Is this what you meant by feeling faster, or does their gearing and engine characteristics make them faster in normal use? For some weird reason I also think that they tend to look faster from the outside, but I'm not sure why.

lewma said:
Hey guys,

Getting tired of ####heads trying to race, eg VAUXHALL gang. What can i do to p##s them off like they do to me?
Of course bigger engine with nos would do the trick but can't afford that. Put K&N induction on but haven't got a cold inlet pipe going to it.
Is it going to make any significant diff if fit one going to it? or any other tips? (y)

:) Ya,learn to ride & buy a 100+bhp bike.You won't be hassled by Nova boys again. :D Or anything else come to that! (y)

The Ugly Duckling said:
Yeah, I think I agree with that, my 899cc Sei SX felt like it was going really fast when I first got it. When I was doing 30mph it felt like 40mph. A sporting probably feels even faster with slightly lower suspension.

Is this what you meant by feeling faster, or does their gearing and engine characteristics make them faster in normal use? For some weird reason I also think that they tend to look faster from the outside, but I'm not sure why.
It's probably the noise, firm suspension and general tinny feeling when compared to a luxury car, makes you feel like you're really going somewhere. Top fun.

Well, can't afford the engine change at mo. The GSR induction sounds good. If i put piping going to the induction kit which haven't done yet, will this alter anything? something bout denser air or is there no sig difference?

As Ugly duckling said - it does seem to be faster than 13.5 secs. Will try it tomorrow as it can't be right. if get 11sec (can it be done?!?!?!) i'll be a happy man.
That reminds me - i'll have to empty the car of everything to make it light as pos! lol ;)

i think i read on here that the official 0-60 times are with 2 people in the car and half a tank of petrol. if you were on your own with an empty tank then you're most likely able to beat it.

BTW, was this before or after your mods??

I can get my Cinq to 70 in 3rd and nearly 90 in fourth.

Cold air feed pipe will help but you won't add lots of bhp or anything though.

Liam

littleyellowcar said:
i think i read on here that the official 0-60 times are with 2 people in the car and half a tank of petrol. if you were on your own with an empty tank then you're most likely able to beat it.

BTW, was this before or after your mods??

i have heard this before, on your own with empty tank can take almost a second off- which is alot

Noteably the engine is screaming when doing this but I've been there a million times before and have had no engine trouble whatsoever, a testatment to the brilliant FIRE engine.

Liam

Please ignore my ignorance. What is this FIRE engine and what sets it out?
Also which corsa's and nova's will the sporting beat if any?

Back