General How much does an Eleganza cost the dealer?

Currently reading:
General How much does an Eleganza cost the dealer?

eleganza1.2

I was sent (by mistake) the invoice for my new car and it detailed the buying price that the garage paid for it. Here goes.

List price 6399.39
Delivery 245.00
Black paint 164.25

Less Demo Bonus 1938.48
Sub Total 4870.16
VAT 852.28

TOTAL 5722.44 (+ Road Fund Tax)

the cost of this car new is 8395. In my days of selling cars the demo bonus was never so good.

We paid 6995 for our car (3miles on the clock pre- reg car, only 21 days old when we got it) and was lead to believe what a tight deal it was.

It goes to show that these cars have the potential to earn a lot more money than you are lead to believe. I was happy with the deal, but didn't think that they made as much money as that.

I wonder what sort of money FIAT UK are making after they have given reg bonus and dealer discount etc.

Demo Bonus is not from just one car. It is from a group of cars that have been sold but is discounted against a single car, so the other cars sold were charged at full price with no demo bonus, yours was the vehicle that had the effective profit from a group of vehicles. Dealers get profit from selling units, the more units the more of these bonus's come their way. A dealer is probably clearing 300 pounds after all costs on each car, hardly a vast profit on a 8 or 9k outlay.

Bought a brand new Eleganza + Dualogic + Front fog light + floor mat for £7900 last spetember from our local dealer without haggle. The price was including the 12 months road tax.

NumanR said:
Demo Bonus is not from just one car. It is from a group of cars that have been sold but is discounted against a single car, so the other cars sold were charged at full price with no demo bonus, yours was the vehicle that had the effective profit from a group of vehicles.

Sorry not true(n) The demo bonus is a one off bonus that is given to allow the dealer to register that vehicle as a demo. The amount shown on the invoice you have is correct for a Panda. This bonus is to cover the depreciation / costs involved with running a demonstrator for 90 days. They MUST NOT be sold to an end user before the 90 days is up. If it is and FIAT find out they claw back the bonus :eek:

This Demo bonus is no way indicative of the standard margins that are in new cars, I can assure you guys that it an awful lot less than the amounts for demo cars.

Last edited:
Back