Tuning how much can I lower my Sei?

Currently reading:
Tuning how much can I lower my Sei?

timvdl

Hey guys!

After blinded windows, K&N filter and a Sebring exhaust system it's now time for lowering my 1999 Seicento (899SX)
I read a lot of things on the forum, but I couldn't make a good decision.
My question is how much I can lower the 899 Sei without changing anything except the springs. I saw a -50mm novitec kit, is that possible or too much for the default shockers? Otherwise I should use like -40? And any recommendations which brand? Is novitec fine or should I let them go and buy others?

Thanks!

Sporting springs and shocks may be a cheap option, springs from a breaker will have settled more than nominal, sporting dampers available from fluffy the imp.

But you will have to be more careful in town over sleeping policemen.

Anti roll bad perhaps as well, if you like squeaking the rubber...

Noel

Last edited:
Thanks for the info guys! I just ordered a new spring set. Apex -40mm, they were not too expensive. I hope everything works out fine... When they're fitted I'll post a new message how it drives ;)

Hey guys!

Well, the Sei is lowered :D
Drives fine, a lot better than the original springs ;)
Now I only have one tiny problem..
The front side has the same height left and right, but the rear has a 3cm height difference. The higher side is the right side (where you can fuel the car). Is this normal or is there something wrong? Does anybody have ideas?

Thanks!

You have tightened the bushes when the arms are not at their working position - probably.

Put it on ramps at rear loosen off both sides and then tighten up again...

Noel

You have tightened the bushes when the arms are not at their working position - probably.

Put it on ramps at rear loosen off both sides and then tighten up again...

Noel

Heheh, I let the local FIAT service point do the job, I didn't have the energy to do it myself :p So I guess I should ask them to take a look at it to make sure they mounted it well.

Back