Votes: 155 60.5%
  • 2nd time

Votes: 59 23.0%
  • 3rd time

Votes: 23 9.0%
  • More :o

Votes: 14 5.5%

• Total voters
Yeh passed 1st time with 4 minors in april couldnt wait to take my uno...1.0:eek: out just bought a cinquecento sporting tho:slayer: stayin loyal to dat fiat emblem

failed first time cant remember why, learnt to drive in a triumph herald but passed test in a mk1 austin a4o, i will leave you to guess the year i passed.

First time after a weeks worth of lessons.

My provisional licence was 10yrs old before i got round to doing anything with it.

So i booked a test, got the date, then booked 5 lessons with a local school of motoring. Took a lesson everyday from monday to friday. Went out in a mates car on the following monday. Then sat my test on the Thursday and passed first time. :)

I now drive approx 30,000 miles a year. Have owned or driven almost every make of car. Ford, Vauxhall, Morris etc. And now own my very first FIAT.

Passed my test on the morning of January 16th 2006. Hard to think i have been driving for nearly 2 years :eek: (18 months of which have been non eventuful).

Got 5 minors (not slowing down in time for a 3 zone, hesitation at a junction, slight wrong line on a roundabout, road positioning, and use of gears). Did my test at York.

Had a lady fall of a bike on my test, so got stuck in traffic behind her for about 20 minutes. The under bonnet checks were to test if the power steering was working - EASY :D, and wether there was enough coolant in the engine - HARD :mad:, because i had never seen under my instructors bonnet before the test - lucky to have a nice examinor).

Learnt to drive in a 1.4TDCI Fiesta Zetec, and had my own 1.3CDTI Corsa SXI, my car seemed a lot quicker then my instructors (although my current car blows them both into the dust). Learnt to drive with JEM Driver training based in Cliffe.

passed second time,

Failed my first test because some chav kicked my car when i was reversing, and according to the examiner, it was my fault :confused: only got 1 minor aswell:bang:

second time got 3 minors.

Had 17 hours overall driving time and had an independant called AJ school of motoring. Learnt in a 1.4 dci C2. Legendous :D

I remember this time 2 years ago, would be about to have a driving lesson tomorrow.

I remember him saying on the way home from driving round Selby and stuff as we went to head down Cammy straight (A1041 - Google it) straight road thats about 4 miles long, saying that i didnt have to go over 45 mph if i didnt want to. My foot was straight on the gas upto 60mph :rolleyes:.

Then once we were pulling out of a junction in York, and he told me to use more gas so i could get away quicker, as i always used to set of just using the clutch and about 1500rpm at the most. So my foot went on the accelerator and the revs rose to 4000rpm and i set of wheel spinning (just a bit though). Fun times.

He has quite a decent peugeot 207 hdi GT now though, that would have been fun to learn in (y)

3 times....

Did my C cat and C+E first time respectively though!

Learned to drive in a 2.0l turbo Vauxhall Astra (06 plate) with BSM (off the Army's wallet too :p)

Took just 8 days to pass my test :DWOOOOOHAAAAA!!!:D

Not to brag ;) lol

1st test I failed because some damned pikey in a bright red clio with PVC(!) side panels(whom I now work with believe it or not) clipped off my wing mirror pulling off from a roundabout.

2nd test I failed for knackering up on my paralell park (never did get the hang of it! f*£&ing hate it!) and "locked myself in" according to the examiner.

3rd test passed with 3 minors (too quick going up gears for 2 of em, with the third for not being all that calm at some idiot in a vauxhall nova)
Should have failed it, but the guy was due to fly off on holiday in a few hours!

Last edited:
Passed 1st time with 8 miners :chin:....well was gonna fail as examiner said I speeded in a 20m zone with speed hump.

Didn't really believe him as I also drove under 20 whenever there speed humps. But I play the innocent, stupid young driver :shrug:and he let me pass. :slayer:

First time theory & practical. Don't know how, but there we go!

Test was on Friday the 13th (nearly 5 years ago now :eek:) my first instructor was a tosser, indey guy and he put me off learning for a while as he'd often just not turn up for lessons or shout for the silliest of mistakes. Second was initiailly through a local group called Roadwise (think they're throughout Scotland now?) learnt in a mk2 1.9 Punto..and passed in her too :)

I passed 1st time with 3 minors, was in a new shape fiesta, excellent tutor might I add, only had 8 1hr lessons was well chuffed. :D

I was in a new shape fiesta as well.

It was quite an uncomfortable car to drive. no clutch rest and a very hard seat - those 2 hour driving lessons were no good for my back :rolleyes:

it was quite slow as well, even though it had equivilent power to my own car :D

Private tutor, Renault clio 1.4 16v.

Test 1 - examiner was a tosspot, and reinvented the highway code in order to fail me for "being too close to the curb when reversing round a corner" - despite not actually touching the curb, he felt that I should have left enough room to allow cyclists to pass me on the left... for that I got a major fault, as well as a total of 12 minors.

Test 2 - panicked on my reversing round corner (see previous test result) and picked up one major for checking my blind spot after I had started the turn. No minors.

Test 3 - passed - 8 minors.

I passed 3rd time with an independent, my problem was I did 8 lessons before the tests which was silly looking back now as the money for the 2 failed tests would of covered another 8 lessons. You live and learn.

1st time with BSM. Aced the theory and only 6 minors in the test. I intended to do a Pass Plus too but never found the time.

Ist time motor cycle. 1st time car after 10 lessons. This was many years ago in the early 60's. I have always thought that all drivers should have to pass the motorcycle test before being allowed to take a car test.
If you are not aware of hazards and the condition of the road and anticipating all the time when riding a motorcycle then you are dead. Also it would weed out the wallies and keep the number of drivers down. Seems to me that anyone who has to have a huge number of tests is basically unsuitable to drive.
Having said that, I would not like to be learning to drive now. I would certainly fail on reversing. So good luck to all you aspiring drivers. I don't expect anyone to agree with me about the motorcycle test bit.
After my wife passed her car test, the instructor said that he would drive her home as she was obviously excited. He managed to run into the back of a milk float!!!

Don't know about a bike test, a few lessons on a motorway would'nt go a miss.

Back