How many Police...

Currently reading:
How many Police...

Only some words because not all words can be reasonably shortened! He pointed out exactly what you're saying, that you wrote in txtspk. It doesn't save time for people reading it unfortunately and isn't supported on FF due to international members.

See link:

https://www.fiatforum.com/site-ideas/45447-no-text-speak.html?highlight=text+speak

And see attached picture for why 'text speak' is not approved of on the forum! I'm not trying to single you out MickeyD, I will generally point out to anyone using text speak that it is not acceptable on FF.

The whole issue is that it saves time (and characters) on mobile 'phones, but is pointless on a forum where you have the whole alphabet on a keyboard in front of you. In fact, it only saves the WRITER of 'text speak' time, the reader has to take longer to try and work out what is being said.

As Paul also mentioned, we do have a number of international members who have never used text speak so they have no idea as to what is being said. The whole point of a posting is to have everyone who reads what you write understand it! Unfortunately (or thankfully!) there are no classes to teach text speak to those outside of the UK, therefore it is an entirely British way of writing and only those in the UK that use it tend to understand it.

Attachments

• txtspeak.JPG
    txtspeak.JPG
    26.2 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Nice one Chas for working out that, I'd scrap the Nursing and retrain for the cops now!

@ faster4tec even if it was in the VX dealership, don't you think that in some crazy scheme to make a profit that the VX peeps would allow other makes in?

Liam

Maybe Vauxhall were trying to show a comparison between Fords and Vauxhalls, but were a bit biased in choosing a model from Ford.

Back