How many kids?

Currently reading:
How many kids?

Its unfair for the people who have kids and work there arse off for very little.

They should stop family tax credit after 3-4 kids imo...

Last edited:
I'm sure these kids will grow up to be very well balanced!

Obviously they have never heard of condoms :rolleyes:

all i can say is typical working class. they rarely work anymore

i dont think i should have to pay for people like that.

the main problem with our benefits system is that its so easy to take advantage of.

people like that should starve and be homeless, including the kids. that way they'll die young and hopefully wont have a chance to make even more scrubber kids. if they dont want to be homeless and starving they can get a job and a house and contribute to society.

if things dont change the thick and lazy will out-breed the workers and the whole system falls apart.

its not his fault he's getting away with this, its the government's fault for allowing him.

you cant blame anyone for taking advantage of our soft system, blame the system for allowing it in the first place.

if i ran the country no one would have family tax credits, or council houses, in fact all the support would be cut completely except to those who have no chioce (disabled, elderly).

people may say thats not fair, but it is perfectly fair. why should anyone get anything? if you want something you go and get a job and pay for it. if you really cant work then there is a case where support could be justified, but only if you really cant work. just because you dont have legs doesnt mean you cant work. just because you have half a dozen kids and no father to help out doesnt mean you cant work. you need to be really unable to do any job before you get a penny. then the working class would actually work again, and anyone who's willing to try hard in life would be able to prosper. that is a fair system.

Last edited:
jug said:
if i ran the country no one would have family tax credits, or council houses, in fact all the support would be cut completely except to those who have no chioce (disabled, elderly).

have you got kids?

have you been single with a child?

so tell me if you were how you'd cope?

angel said:
have you got kids?

have you been single with a child?

so tell me if you were how you'd cope?
Exactly that - I was about to post similar.

Still, nothing to worry about, Jug won't become PM (y)

Jules is working as a childminder, with 2 children of our own - and yes, she will need to have TAX credit and income support, on top of her full-time self-employed earnings - take away that Government support, then what????

Stuart DemonD said:
Exactly that - I was about to post similar.

Still, nothing to worry about, Jug won't become PM (y)

Jules is working as a childminder, with 2 children of our own - and yes, she will need to have TAX credit and income support, on top of her full-time self-employed earnings - take away that Government support, then what????

Talk about Jug talking out of his backside....

i've struggled for the past 18 months on income support and tax credit, ask anyone who knows me and what i've managed to fulfil in those months, how i've managed to just scrape by, some days only just managing to put a meal on the table.

Now i've come off from being a scrounger, I work as a childminder not fulltime as i'd have to pay all of my rent which is near on £500 a month plus council tax bills etc.

I get child tax credit and working tax credit, i wouldnt be able to survive without them... i'd still be sponging on society if I did.

I've paid my taxes and NI in previous years, why shouldnt I get out of the system what little bit I got and earnt?

Which brings the question why would you bring a child into the world in an unstable relationship that then leads to a single parent bringing up a child?. If that does happen it should be down to the dad as well to help support the child(this is where the CSA is failing)

I can see your point though single parents do find it hard to survive even with tax credits etc and then they penilise you when you work more hours :rolleyes:.

I do agree with Jug on disabilitys though there are people in my street on £380 a week inc Carers alowence because they "can't" work because there fat......

traditionally when a family breaks up the father will work (as all fathers should) to finacially support the mother, and her family will also help out with looking after the kids. in the event of the death or absence of the father, the mother's family takes a more active role. if a single mother is left with no partner and no family, she starves and so do the kids because nature cant allow social support to occur, purely for the good of the overall population in the long run. nature is cruel but it happens for a reason, and that system worked for a very long time.

in modern britian this has now changed because society offers so much support, now we have a situation where the father cant afford to work because the mother will take his cash, and so they both live off benefits. the kids grow up to be benefit wasters magnifying the problem generation after generation.

end of the day single mothers survived long before any benefits were available, just because everyone has got used to the easy life doesnt mean its the only option, or the best. natures way of keeping a balance within a populaiton is important, just because humans have the power to intervene doesnt mean its the right thing to do, especially in the long run. natural regulation of a populaiton is needed for the survival of all, nature develped over millions of years and very carefully. our benefits system developed over a few decades and without much thought to the long term future.

what it all boils down to is this, its not my fault you had kids, its not my fault you cant afford kids, so why should i have to pay for it. i'd rather see people starve and keep my taxes for myself, then i could probably afford to have kids of my own. but instead i pay for your kids, at least be grateful

Last edited:
ChrisUK said:
Which brings the question why would you bring a child into the world in an unstable relationship that then leads to a single parent bringing up a child?. If that does happen it should be down to the dad as well to help support the child(this is where the CSA is failing)

I can see your point though single parents do find it hard to survive even with tax credits etc.

I do agree with Jug on disabilitys though there are people in my street on £380 a week inc Carers alowence because they "can't" work because there fat......

What happens if you bring a child into a loving married environment, then the happy environment turns sour and violent... would you stay?

Sorry, bringing my child up in a happy environment is the way I went, admittedly she hasnt had fantastic food on the table and got second hand clothes.

Hence goin back to work!

So many different scenarios in life, that cant be brought under one roof.:mad:

angel said:
What happens if you bring a child into a loving married environment, then the happy environment turns sour and violent... would you stay?

Sorry, bringing my child up in a happy environment is the way I went, admittedly she hasnt had fantastic food on the table and got second hand clothes.

Hence goin back to work!

Totally agree with you but thats what the CSA was invented for but unfortunatly wasn't thought through enough and they rarely get any money from the dad. Its only really when it ends up at bailiff enforcement stage when the mother has a leg to stand on as the bailiff can sieze goods clamp his car and in some cases force them to sell their house!.

If you're on income support the CSA take money from the father (well are supposed to when they finally do) and you get £10 a week, so you're no better off.

Then when you go back to work they ring you and ask if you still want them to chase the father or if you're goin to sort out an arrangement with them....

This happened to me this week..... i got verbally abused for asking him about it.

So you see, life really is fun when a relationship breaks down and involves children.

Until this happens to you personally you can all have your views, but then when it comes to reality its a total different story.

I agree, that there are so many people that are abusing the system, so when it comes down to honest people needing help, they get abused too. :(

angel said:

Hence goin back to work!

dad should pay for his kids, not me. is he paying you? or is he retired and on benefits?

dont get me wrong, i respect single mothers who work and try to make the best of things. it cant be easy. i know relationships are complicated things and you never know how things will turn out. but its still not my fault and i shouldn't have to pay for other peolpe's mistakes and misfortune.

jug said:
all i can say is typical working class. they rarely work anymore

people like that should starve and be homeless, including the kids. that way they'll die young and hopefully wont have a chance to make even more scrubber kids. if they dont want to be homeless and starving they can get a job and a house and contribute to society.

just because you have half a dozen kids and no father to help out doesnt mean you cant work. you need to be really unable to do any job before you get a penny. then the working class would actually work again, and anyone who's willing to try hard in life would be able to prosper. that is a fair system.

What is the defination of working class? Am I working class because i work?

I feel sorry for these kids they are being given bad role models however that is no reason for them to die!

And just to mention your last point, i have a friend who has contributed to the country paying her taxes for years, she was told she would find it hard to get pregnant so when she did she was over the moon, she took her maternity leave but when it was up her and her partner discovered that they were not going to be able to pay for childcare for a child that young for so many hours. She has no choice but to stay at home while her boyfriend is at work and she has every right to do so. when i have children i have every intention of looking after them at home. I have paid my taxes and will make my choice to raise my children myself. When they are at school I will go back to work but it will be my chioce. Things are not always as black and white as you think.

The choice for Jules when we had kids was quite easy, although she had 2 options:

1. Stay at work, as a nursery nurse, work a 40 hour week, and pay for childcare - at the end of each month, the net gain to us would be £0 - her net wage would cover childcare costs, more so when another one came along.

2. Work from home as a childminder - less money, granted, but the added benefit of bringing up your own kids until they reach a school age - that itself is worth its weight in gold - plus extra money in hand.

She had already paid her taxes/NIC since working from the age of 17 - so it was her choice - now that her income has dropped due to personal circumstances, the Government will top it up - according to some views on here, no one BUT us should pay for our family [hell as PM, why not just abolish the TAX system???] and she should just be left to die with the kids? :nutter:

Back