Technical How many keys?

Currently reading:
Technical How many keys?

Code card requirement for new keys

Hi All,

My secondhand 1.4 Active Sport GP did not come with a manual key so I now have to buy one. My question is, Do I need to purchase a Code Card along with the key to allow my key to be programmed? Or do I save myself the £10 and just pay for the key and the time it takes to programme it?

Thanks

Steve

Re: Code card requirement for new keys

I was just quoted £94 plus £10 for the code card plus £56 for programming on a non-remote central locking key for my MK2 Punto - rip off?

I shall phone round for another quote

This is nothing new. It takes less than 3 minutes for the dealer to re-programme a key. If you have an Audi or BMW (I did) the dealers will try to charge you around £56 for each & every change they make.

(eg. Autolocking, memory adjustment of seats & exterior mirrors on remote unlocking etc.) Every function change to the key costs £56!

Here's another example: Pay £2100 to BMW for integrated SatNav. Collect brand new car & find out that the Navteq DVD map disk supplied is 6 months out of date (I know, cos I've done it). BMW dealer then demands £270 for the latest DVD map disk (they update the maps twice a year). Sensible people will find out how to download the map disks for free. I rant on - sorry:)

Back