Technical How many keys?

Currently reading:
Technical How many keys?

Sparkle

Hi
I have just bought an ex demonstrator GP Sporting 1.9 (07 56 plate). When I picked it up they said they only come with 1 key? I thought this was probably a cost cutting measure, but now I'm not so sure. How many keys are they supposed to have?

Cheers Jon.

Yeah should have one flip remote key and one standard non remote key

Thanks for your help
Thats what I thought, I have the flip remote key but not the other one. looks like I will be ringing them tomorrow. I hope they haven't lost it. I don't like the idea of a key floating about that will open and start my car:(

Cheers Jon.
PS should I have a card with the code on, I haven't got that either (I had one with my Citroen C2)

Code cards are not supplied on UK cars but can be ordered for about £10

Hi
Thanks again, I'm sending them an e mail at the moment and will ring them tomorrow.
Any idea how much a flip remote key is to buy?

Cheers Jon.

Top of my head the key is approx £80 + you need to obtain the code for the dealer to prog it and there will be a labour charge for the programming!

Try to push the dealer into atleast covering the labour charge as your car has a key missing

My secondhand GP 1.4 Active Sport didn't come with a manual key. Just the one with the remote. I suggested that they should pay for the labour involved in programming the key and they weren't too keen. They said "no guarantee of a second key with secondhand cars". Sounds like BS to me???

My secondhand GP 1.4 Active Sport didn't come with a manual key. Just the one with the remote. I suggested that they should pay for the labour involved in programming the key and they weren't too keen. They said "no guarantee of a second key with secondhand cars". Sounds like BS to me???

surely it should be guarenteed...thats just ridiculous..

I haven't had a chance to ring them yet, I'll call tomorrow as i finish work early. No response to the e-mail as of yet.
I can imagine they would have taken me to the cleaners if I only had one key for the car that I traded in!

Out of interest how much was your manual key? I don't know whether to get a manual or a remote key. (It's likely to be a cost related decision)

Cheers Jon.

Went to dealership today to get my engine management problem looked at and also to ask about the manual key. NO LUCK. They can't find it and they won't give me any money towards getting another one. They say as the car was secondhand, they won't guarantee a key.

Oh well.....

The car's still knackered as well.....:(

They should supply 2 keys!
stoneacre does on all its cars and sales pay for them! (y)

Is the management not covered by warrenty? or does the companey not give you a warrenty for the cars they sell?

Stoneacre does. (y)

Back