Styling how low shall i go??

Currently reading:
Styling how low shall i go??

bpat832002

hi,i am having 17" wheels put on today and i have been reading alot about it and have heard that i will most proberly need to have it lowerd,i have a m2 punto active 5dr and i want it to sit nice round the wheels but at the same time i dont wanna be nearly touching the floor,can any one give me some advice about this please?.also has any one got any pics of a lowerd 5dr?,any help would be greatful.thanks.

Alright mate,

I had some 17"s put on my 04 punto but I decided not to lowered it as I have lots of speed bumps around where I live. If I were to have it lowered though I would probably go for a 35mm drop at the front and 15mm at the back. Dont want it to low!

Dazza

Gets some pics up so we can see!

you do not need to have it lowered.

just that most people like low and big wheels thats why they all seem to do it.

perosnlly just stick with 17's especially if you go over lots of speedbumps or you drive on bad roads as lower it is mroe you feel the bumps. even 17;s will make the bumps more.

but if you do decide dyou want it lower with 17;s if you go to far you may need some work done to make them fit i think 30mm is safe.

thanks for your help, i had a word with the garage and they said if i lowerd it i would only need to drop it 30mm aswell but im gonna see what it looks like first coz ive got a few speed bumps round me aswell.thanks alot.

Chris0288 said:
35mm with 17"'s looks great
have you got any pics,the garage say now probly 35mm-40mm.ive had the wheels put on now and the back dont look to bad but the front is a bit high,but adleast there ant no rubbing.

car2.jpg

My car, 17" alloys and lowered 35mm.

do you recon id get away with 35mm on the back and 40mm on the front because the fronts more hi than the back

thats the look im going for (the pic on the left),are they 17"s on there?.also what sort of price am i looking at?

Last edited:
Back