General How Hot?

Currently reading:
General How Hot?

Flossyfly

Driven with a smile :)
Just wondeing what kind of temperature ranges your Pandas run at.

I may be paranoid but I am sure that mine is running hotter since I have had a new radiator. Its not overheating and the fan and thermostat work.

About 85 when moving, regardless of whether it's trundling around town or being ragged on the motorway. Goes up to 90 ish when stationary then the fan cuts in. It will fluctuate a little either side as the fan cuts in and out then drop back to 85 once we get underway again..

Cheers,

Plug

Thanks guys. I am starting to feel a little better but i still think it was a little cooler wth the old rad.
i am paranoid because my Brava overheated after it had some work done on it, cause one of the hoses got damaged and my Panda Super had a fire under the bonnet when the clips off the air filter thingy broke and the air filter was sitting on top of the engine.
Paper + heat = smoke and fire lol. I thank the man who helped a damsel in distress at the road side lol

Last edited:

I may be paranoid but I am sure that mine is running hotter since I have had a new radiator. Its not overheating and the fan and thermostat work.

It is possible you've got an airlock in the system which will stop it working efficiently. Each car has a preferred sequence of opening heater valves, leaving certain caps off till the end etc. The cooling system on the Land Rover is prone to airlocks unless it's topped up carefully and air squeezed out of the hoses. There may be a way laid out in the manual, if you haven't already done that, try filling it again.
Mike

It is possible you've got an airlock in the system which will stop it working efficiently. Each car has a preferred sequence of opening heater valves, leaving certain caps off till the end etc. The cooling system on the Land Rover is prone to airlocks unless it's topped up carefully and air squeezed out of the hoses. There may be a way laid out in the manual, if you haven't already done that, try filling it again.
Mike

:hm: good point, thanks:chin:

How much anti-freeze did you use? It should be a 50/50 mix. It will run cooler with the right mix than with just water (and keep the ali head in good condition too).

How much anti-freeze did you use? It should be a 50/50 mix. It will run cooler with the right mix than with just water (and keep the ali head in good condition too).

Might be time for an anti-freeze change then. Probably the origional just like everything else on the Selecta:eek:. Only joking, I did do a hydrometer check thing to see what temp it was effective to and it was something like -15C.

Also, It wasn't a radiator for the 750 Panda was it because they were smaller, so might cause a 999or1108cc Panda to over heat.

My Selecta sits at about 88 when driving, and fan kicks in at 93. It seems to run alot hotter than the 1000CL and 750L.

Jon.

No it was definately the right rad.....exactly the same as the one that rad out of it.
Its not overheating and doesn't go higher than just over 90. Averages between 85 and 90. I just think it was lower before :confused:
Got new anti-freeze in it.

Last edited:
As long as it dosen't over heat it should be ok. The Selecta hit 120C week before last:eek:. Went to check the fuse, and the fan then kicked in, think the fuse was loose, not had any problems since.

Thanks everyone........i think it is me and my damn paranoia again lol.
It seems very similar to everyone elses and like you say, as long as it doesn't overheat. Gonna check the levels at the weekend and maybe top it up a bit.

Turn your heater to full on and squeeze the bottom and top hosses for a few min. Make sure that the coolant if new has a strong colour if week might not be enough in.

Willies temp is almost bang on the centre of the guage and even when sitting in heavy traffic in summer it very rarely fluctuates.

Turn your heater to full on and squeeze the bottom and top hosses for a few min. Make sure that the coolant if new has a strong colour if week might not be enough in.

Willies temp is almost bang on the centre of the guage and even when sitting in heavy traffic in summer it very rarely fluctuates.

Thanks to everyone for replying to my original message. I am reassured that it is fine in comparrison to everyone elses.
Thanks again :hug:

Back