General how easy would it be to fit an exhaust?

Currently reading:
General how easy would it be to fit an exhaust?

rosslev

Ok, heres the deal,

I need a new exhaust for my Brava 1.4s 1998 S reg.
I'm short on cash, but have plenty of time over the next 2 weeks and was considering doing it myself.

Would this be unrealistic?
Do Haynes manuals cover this process?

As for the part I got a Kwik-fit quote for part number F1243 which is aparently what I need, can I find out what part of the exhaust it is? If not I've seen whole exhausts on ebay for £50.

Any advice would be cool.

Cheers,
Ross

Thanks Dave

Yep, front pipe, thats what he said I'm sure. Still £50 for a whole exhaust from ebay sounds pretty cheap anyway.

I don't have any access to a ramp myself, but I think I'll scoot under at the weekend and have a peep.

Any special tools required?

Hiya, got the link for the exhaust on ebay (if he has more than one?) i can't seem to find any when i search

Cheers (y)

fitting a front pipe isnt hard, but you'll need a long extension bar on your ratchet to reach the 3 bolts (13mm iirc) that hold the pipe to the manifold.

make sure you keep the cat supported when removing the front pipe, stick something under it to take the weight.

the phrase "full exhaust" is often misused to describe a cat back system. that wont include a cat or front pipe. make sure you know exactly what you're buying.

Back