General how do you change the hand brake cable to fit punto GT calipers?

Currently reading:
General how do you change the hand brake cable to fit punto GT calipers?

As per THIS thread and the massive research I did finding mine, I think there are only two PGT types.

However, as long as the mounting spacing is OK, I'm sure other types can be fitted fine.....even if they rewuire a bit of offset spacing.

Pic will be great though :)

Kristian

and

How much to refurb :eek:

Have you thought about getting a kit and having a go yourself? http://www.brakeparts.co.uk/ do kits IIRC

I have bought rebuild kits from them and big red. Big red was the rear kit, brakeparts for the rebuild and fitting kits for the front PGT calipers when i take them off doing the rears.

I am currently rebuilding my rears. As I type I'm baking the paint on them :D

The rears are FAR more fiddly than any fronts I've done though, I'm sure i can get them back together though. :devil:

Kristian

Yeah but that's £130 excluding any discount that increases the more callipers I send in, I'm run the Sei through a MOT on factory brakes and then do the all round disc conversion latter. So that's 3 or a possible 4 sets of brakes though.

Localish large breakers, I've still got the receipt so I should be able to sort this all out. Of course this is why I didn't want to have them refurbed straight off.

mine fit ok :) to the caliper anyway...haven't fitted to the car yet.

Stupidly, as I had the carrier and main assembly separated, i tried to mate the mount to the slide mount holes initially and was gutted :bang: :eek:

When I realised the error of my ways, it fits :)

If yours don't mate, you must have some funky calipers, probs not even fiat/alfa/lancia .... there are SO many that do fit you have some serious bad luck.

Got a piccie and some marks of them now you have them out?

Kristian

I kept forgetting to take my camera to work :bang:

Anyway the guy on the counter gave me a set of Bravo rear callipers and a credit note for any pair of brake callipers I wanted for free (they didn't have any other callipers off a Fiat or Alfa at the time) & these ones fit.

Back