Technical How do I sort out my windscreen washer bottle feed?

Currently reading:
Technical How do I sort out my windscreen washer bottle feed?

Mark03

The screen washer is not providing enough water feed to the jets.

I have already removed the jets and cleaned them.

I am thinking that the blockage is at the pump end.

Can someone advise on how to get this item unblocked, I can't afford a garage and have minimal tools.

The MOT is due a week Saturday so I need to attempt this repair myself.

I can barely afford to replace the windscreen wipers, thats how desperate my situation is, so I need some help with fault finding, how to get at the water bottle, etc. so I can at least attempt to repair and replace with a salvaged one if needed.

When you removed the jets did you test to see if water came out of the tubes ?????

Also if you follow the tubes back towards the bottle i think you will come across a one way valve where both tubes enter and then one goes off to the bottle That could be blocked or not acting as a one way valve

Does the rear screen wash work ?????

This is what te valve looks like (see Attached)

You could take off the feed input to the vavle and see if water is reaching that far

Attachments

• 0216-850x850_0.jpg
    0216-850x850_0.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 23
washer bottle is behind left wing to remove wing all you need is spanner size 10 or more preferably socket wrench with a little extender as bolts are hidden between door and below door rubber

or even more simple way getting to washer bottle is to remove wheel and wheel arch plastic

attachment.php

I gave up in the end, took it to the garage I bought the car from, they have put the car through MOT and sorted the problems out with the car. It failed on everything I said it would, Exhaust, Horn and Wash pump.

Thanks for your suggestions and advice.

Back