How do I remove Punto 1998 16v Stereo/Radio??

Currently reading:
How do I remove Punto 1998 16v Stereo/Radio??

Reaper941

Hey folks, Just got my car today and I got a CD player to replace the current radio that's in it.

Any ideas on how to get this unit out?

IMG_0073.jpg

IMG_0072.jpg

The manual doesn't say; and brute force doesn't work so far (don't want to damage the pins or the dash..)

I take it it's just the case of pushing the 4 corner pins in with one of the removal keys?

Either that or I resort to using a couple of big screwdrivers.. ;)

Cheers folks.

Hey folks, Just got my car today and I got a CD player to replace the current radio that's in it.

Any ideas on how to get this unit out?

IMG_0073.jpg

IMG_0072.jpg

The manual doesn't say; and brute force doesn't work so far (don't want to damage the pins or the dash..)

I take it it's just the case of pushing the 4 corner pins in with one of the removal keys?

Either that or I resort to using a couple of big screwdrivers.. ;)

Cheers folks.

you should have to pieces of shaped metal that slot into the two holes either side of the radio and u just slot them in and when u wiggle them the radio comes out

heres a guide for a mk2 but u'll get the idea of what im trying to say
http://www.fitaudio.com/?View=entry&EntryID=60

Last edited:
you should have to pieces of shaped metal that slot into the two holes either side of the radio and u just slot them in and when u wiggle them the radio comes out

heres a guide for a mk2 but u'll get the idea of what im trying to say

Just as I thought then, cheers mate.

this is the 1 thing i hate about puntos why did they put the player all they way down there ya cant have a dvd cd played cuz its too low if any1 makes a conversoin so it goes into the vents at the top give me a shout lol ill buy 1 and a cover for the old hole

You would have to fabricate your own. A bit of fibreglass and mdf would do it. For the old hole i cut a thin piece of Ply wood to the size of the din slot. I made it slightly too wide so i can bend it to put it in and it holds itself in place and is totaly removable. I sanded it down on a blunt sand disk to make the surface smooth and painted it black.

Well after buying a set of removal keys; and swearing for about half an hour..

It's still not out. The fascia is hanging off; but the whole system is stuck in tight.

The car was pretty cheap; so I reckon it's probably glued in knowing my luck. :bang:

Back