Technical how do i get front seats out?

Currently reading:
Technical how do i get front seats out?

I looked in guides couldn't see nothing in there :(

a very nice man gave me a new interior to replace my rat eaten seat. but i cant get front seats out i removed the front 3 bolts and plate thing and have tried sliding them out of the runners front way and back way. but they are getting stuck both ways :(

Hi Dave (was it you who gave my little boy Sam a baloon at Stanford Hall? If so thanks again; he loved it and played with it at home until it went flat!!),

VmanC helped me with swapping the front seats in my old CLX and the procedure was something like take the plate off (which you've done) slide the seat forward to its maximum and then ferret around with a screwdriver to find the catchy bit that stops the seat from popping off its runners. It is much easier with 2 bodies on it; one prying at the runners with a screwdriver/drift and another yanking on the seat... It's one of those jobs where a bit of brute force in the right place goes a long way...

Where's Vernon with a sensible explanation when we need him!?!

Good Luck, Luke. (y)

yes we will have them again at gaydon (y)

i'll have another go at the seats tomorrow and look for these tabs

You can knock the tabs in a bit with a hammer and punch/screwdriver, the seat runners should go past them with a bit of wiggling! The rear ashtray has to come off if you have one, and check the carpet doesn't get caught up in the runners and rip as you push the seat back.

It helps to have the seat 'up' to get to the rear runners (i.e. as if someone were getting in the back).

Would transplanting the seat parts needed not be easier?

:confused: you mean fit 1 stripy blue n greed bottom and leave all the rest brown?

ive already done the hardest bit changing the front shelf, now i know there is tabs for front seats rest will be easy, carpet has to come out for welding anyway.

i didn't realize there was no guides for interior till now. i should have took pics from the start, but though loads of people have done it on here that there was bound to already be a guide :bang: i'll try and remember to take photos of the rest and do a half guide :)

:confused: you mean fit 1 stripy blue n greed bottom and leave all the rest brown?

ive already done the hardest bit changing the front shelf, now i know there is tabs for front seats rest will be easy, carpet has to come out for welding anyway.

i didn't realize there was no guides for interior till now. i should have took pics from the start, but though loads of people have done it on here that there was bound to already be a guide :bang: i'll try and remember to take photos of the rest and do a half guide :)

Ah I'm with you. Wanting to change carpet also.

Hi Dave, advice givn so far is all good (y).

Just to clarify the tab thing though, once you've taken off the plate, slide the seat forward until it comes against the stop. What's stopping it going any further are the ends of the bar you lift to adjust the seat backwards and forwards. Now you need to do three things at once, lift the bar, lever in the ends of the bar, and push the seat forward. Easy! ;)

Here is a pic of the tabs incase anyone else needs it

DSCF4990.JPG

after i took that i forgot to take any more photos :eek:

i lifted up lock bar and they slid straight out easy after i bent the tabs

i cant take a panda i have to take ff bus :( 4x4 should be gone by then.

i got a few small bits of welding done whilst interior was out yesterday. today i did some undersealing in just a pair of shorts, big mistake that was :eek:

i want to take my grandson to gaydon, but have to see if i can afford another hotel room for him and my daughter

Last edited:
Back