Punto Evo How can I manually open the bonnet??

Currently reading:
Punto Evo How can I manually open the bonnet??

Coopdeville

Morning,
I’ve just joined the group and wondering if anyone can help!
My punto has been off the road for approx. 6mths due to COVID. It’s now due it’s MOT, but the battery is flat. Anyway, my problem is my bonnet won’t open - prob a snapped or seized cable! Does anyone know how I can get it open manually just so I can charge the battery and get it to the garage?
Is there a way of taking the interior panel off where the bonnet release handle is so I can see if I can manually pull it as a first check as there does still seem to be a little tension on the pull? Thanks in advance!

Might just be worth having someone pull on the bonnet and wiggle it while you pull on the release handle.

If your Evo is anything like mine then the whole area around the bonnet release is dense with parts and covered in shields and covers. In the old days you would just reach up behind the bumper and manually unhook it but the catch in the Evo is quite a way back it’s surrounded with plastic trims and housings and the bumper is enclosed with a under engine cover wheel arch covers etc etc. You could maybe try spraying some wd40 towards the catch with a straw nozzle to help lubricate the catch. If the cable still has tension on it then that’s your best bet

Brilliant! Have read this before so will give it a go - fingers crossed! Thank you ???

Back