General How can i make my punto faster?

Currently reading:
General How can i make my punto faster?

dan144

Ive been driving 4 months and just bought a 1.2 8v punto. Any ideas how to make it quicker but cheaply??

Yeah im 17, insurance is fine at the moment and im a quick learner (y),
Nothing i can do which wont affect my insurance?

I've been slowly working my way up for 5-6 years...started with a 1.0, up to a 1.1, then a 1.2 16v now a 1.5...hopefully a 2.5 focus st next year...yes its annoying but its alot cheaper in the long run and by the time you get a fast car you can drive properly.

As for the punto you'll be lucky to get more than about 80ish bhp out of it with a decent exhaust, induction and remap...so not be quick

80bhp better than the 60 i got at the moment, how much is a remap? is it going to push my insurance up?
Im paying just over a grand at the moment JFL and its fully comp
What motor you got brumbrum?

You'll get bent over, keep it standard.

You will NOT see 80bhp from it with those mods, you need cam, headwork, manifold, sports cat, induction, backbox, throttle body.

You'll get bent over, keep it standard.

You will NOT see 80bhp from it with those mods, you need cam, headwork, manifold, sports cat, induction, backbox, throttle body.

Jamie apparently did from a GSR, exhaust and remap on his 1.2 8v grande...RR'd twice one at 84bhp other time at 77bhp...IIRC..

80bhp better than the 60 i got at the moment, how much is a remap? is it going to push my insurance up?
Im paying just over a grand at the moment JFL and its fully comp
What motor you got brumbrum?

Oh deary me, you will not see much improvement in power from a wee punto ....fact.

Most have told you that already. Put simply if you want to pay £100 s of pounds, you will get a few more horses, but nothing that you would expect.... fact

You will not get insurance at your age if you go down this route......fact
Even if you do, it will be very, very high.

Not the answers you want, but true non the less(n)

Jamie apparently did from a GSR, exhaust and remap on his 1.2 8v grande...RR'd twice one at 84bhp other time at 77bhp...IIRC..

I don't know if the engine is the same, but the 1242 8v fire found in Sei's and Mk2's needs more work than that. I know, been there and done that with GSR engineering cam, throttle body, headwork, raised compression, induction and red dot map, along with lots of other mods. That engine made 87bhp.

I don't know if the engine is the same, but the 1242 8v fire found in Sei's and Mk2's needs more work than that. I know, been there and done that with GSR engineering cam, throttle body, headwork, raised compression, induction and red dot map, along with lots of other mods. That engine made 87bhp.

I think Sei and mk2s are single point injection 2bs and grandes are multipoint injection (would explain power difference) OP never stipulated what car he had tho..

I think Sei and mk2s are single point injection 2bs and grandes are multipoint injection (would explain power difference) OP never stipulated what car he had tho..

They're Mpi. Mk1 sei's and cinq are Spi.

at 17 You Experiance isnt going to be that gd really is it unless your lewis hamilton or someone!

Put making the punto quicker i'd say just a really good engine service! Oil, Plugs,Filters ect......No Fat chicks in the back.

Back