Technical How can i check if my transmission is Dualogic or Torque Converter on my 2015 Fiat 500 Sport?

Currently reading:
Technical How can i check if my transmission is Dualogic or Torque Converter on my 2015 Fiat 500 Sport?

tristtan

Hello, i just got an Automatic 2015 Fiat 500 Sport and im not sure what kind of transmission it has.

Im in Colombia, so i should have the Mexican version which has a regular Torque Converter transmission instead of the Dualogic transmission but it seems some versions here arrived with the Dualogic transmissions.

Surprisingly i have got different answers from different dealers in my city, some say it has a Torque Converter some say the sport version got here with Daulogics.

So, is there a way i can confirm on my own what transmission is installed in my car?

Last edited:
What sound does the engine make? CVT (Dutch invention BTW) makes the Rp/m's go really high and then slowly go down a little when the speed is sttling and no shifts. Dualogic shifts from 1 to 5 and back like a manual, but robotized. The difference between the two is huge.
I thought the 500's for the American market had a torque converter?
Normal auto boxes creep when you release the brakepedal. Dualogic (robotized manual transmission) doesn't creep. You have to press the accellerator a little bit for the clutch to engage.

gr J

What sound does the engine make? CVT (Dutch invention BTW) makes the Rp/m's go really high and then slowly go down a little when the speed is sttling and no shifts. Dualogic shifts from 1 to 5 and back like a manual, but robotized. The difference between the two is huge.
I thought the 500's for the American market had a torque converter?
Normal auto boxes creep when you release the brakepedal. Dualogic (robotized manual transmission) doesn't creep. You have to press the accellerator a little bit for the clutch to engage.

gr J
Oh i just noticed i got it all wrong, thought regular auto boxes where CVTs, so as you pointed the other option is torque converter, not cvt.

What i think the guys here meant was that our market in general got the regular torque converter gearbox, but some specific models on specific years got the dualogic (one of th guys i talked to insisted the 2015 sport got dualogic transmisions).

My car does Creep when i release the brakepedal, so i guess thats a very good evidence it is a Normal Autobox.

Thanks a lot!

Back