How Bothered Are You About Your Engine?

Currently reading:
How Bothered Are You About Your Engine?

dogspod has a point bike engines are best warmed up imho as thier more highly tuned.
i idle my bike for about 5mins before even using it. wisco forged pistons slap about a lot untill warm

My sad persons routine was, into garage, start bike, wait til it runs with minimal choke, go put leathers, boots and jacket on, grab tank bag, kill choke all together, open garage door, take off abba stand and it'll be nice and warm :eek:

My sad persons routine was, into garage, start bike, wait til it runs with minimal choke, go put leathers, boots and jacket on, grab tank bag, kill choke all together, open garage door, take off abba stand and it'll be nice and warm :eek:

Pretty much identical to my routine. you burn a good amount of time when your hopping around on one leg with your other foot stuck into the lining of your leathers/knee pad pocket :eek: aint used my bike in about 2 months!... bloody weather:rolleyes:

What ffoxy said....always let it warm up before pushing it too hard. Also, just as important to let the turbo spin down before turning off the ignition.

Hasn't made a difference though as the turbo is still shagged :p

Yea I been tracking your Turbo troubles mate.... no idea if mine is following the same path, so far all I can say is my car uses very little, if any oil (1/3 litre in 9,000 miles) and I get no zorst smoke even if I boot it a bit. Looking to get the oil & filter changed again soon mid normal service point. Think I'll go for Shell Helix again.

I blat mine from start to stop ..its only a car and you can Fix It Again Tomorrow..:D

Bet you not particular when it comes to sex dogsie..:devil:

Well with the Rs it's a whole different story, it stands idling on the drive for 5-10 minuites, it gets warmed up to the coolant temp is in mid, and 6 plus miles more!

coming to a stop i drive it easy for a few minuites and it idles on the drive for a couple of minuites.

I blat mine from start to stop ..its only a car and you can Fix It Again Tomorrow..:D
Bet you not particular when it comes to sex dogsie..:devil:
:ROFLMAO:

ffoxy; said:
Yea I been tracking your Turbo troubles mate.... no idea if mine is following the same path, so far all I can say is my car uses very little, if any oil (1/3 litre in 9,000 miles) and I get no zorst smoke even if I boot it a bit. Looking to get the oil & filter changed again soon mid normal service point. Think I'll go for Shell Helix again.
I got terrible exhaust smoke with the first map, but it went back to reddot and oggy tweaked the map.

I do my oil changes every 6000 miles (An interim one between services) and have always used Castrol Edge. I'm not sure the turbo is actually buggered....someone else had the same symptoms as me and it was a seal between the turbo and intercooler.

P

Its extra important to warm up the Turbo Sei, and cool him off again, and its done at every drive of it, rather annoying when your in a rush ,sitting in the carpark at work watching the clock tick past clocking on time whilst waiting for engine to cool is a pain but well worth it.

As for the Brava its ragged straight from go as im alllllllways last min for everythin:rolleyes::eek:

I always drive nicely with low revs until it's fully warmed up which doesn't take very long in the 500 it's normally warmed up before i get onto the dual carriageway :)

xxxx
xxx
xx
x

:yeahthat: all cars with fuel injection do it i just have a light on the ecu to say when its on. it just injects a little more fuel just after start up to keep everything smooth.

:yeahthat: it's compleately different to a choke ;)

I will always drive straight off, but wait for needle to sit at 75-80C mark before ragging it.

No cool down, as no turbo, just stop, engine off and out. :)

i get in my car in the morning and it goes spank me ryan! spank me! take me round the clock!and im like no steelo calm the fook down youll get injured. so i tend to wait till right up to temp then give it a good hiding. she loves it

i get in my car in the morning and it goes spank me ryan! spank me! take me round the clock!and im like no steelo calm the fook down youll get injured. so i tend to wait till right up to temp then give it a good hiding. she loves it

Yazza, you need help!

Back