General how about a warm welcome for our newest 20 valver

Currently reading:
General how about a warm welcome for our newest 20 valver

You got a bargain because its got a leather interior!???!!!! Sounds like youve got your priorities wrong!

Steve said:
Says the Sei driver! The only way your Cento would keep up with that car is if it was loaded into the boot! :slayer:

We'll fit your sei AND panda while were at it ;)

I never said it was a bad car.......

In parts alone its worth what ryan paid, and it has had an engine replacement, so its got plenty of life left

Last edited:
It will be interesting to see how much it costs to fix.

Dont think im having a go, its a lovely car and a potentially good buy, but imo it will cost a fair bit to put right.

Replacing the exhaust gasket won't fix the low compression, its either piston rings, something wrong with the valves or a leaking head gasket.

Not sure what you have to do if you replace the engine. Obviously the VIN numbers won't match. But since you're not changing the type of engine.. Hmm dunno

The alternative option is remove the plug and run it as a 16v 1.6 :p

Looks good though. It got any other issues we can help with?

Hellcat said:
Replacing the exhaust gasket won't fix the low compression, its either piston rings, something wrong with the valves or a leaking head gasket.

Not sure what you have to do if you replace the engine. Obviously the VIN numbers won't match. But since you're not changing the type of engine.. Hmm dunno

The alternative option is remove the plug and run it as a 16v 1.6 :p

Looks good though. It got any other issues we can help with?

not really hellcat, just need to fix the gasket and see what its running like....

Hellcat said:
Yup. An exhaust valve cracked on my Coupe. It cost me about £300 to get it replaced. If it's a piston, it's more like £500. Head gasket will be cheaper than both those.
I think that if it's the head gasket you usually got low compression on two adjacent cylinders though.
H

Back